4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2012 12:06 PM by Shankar RSS

BAM Data Source and deployment setting in weblogic

user10383617
      like In db adapter we need to create datasource and deployment plan in weblogic. what I want to know is this same process is valid for BAM adapter also? If yes, what we will specify in baam data source (What configuration i need to give).

one more thing i noticed that, Outbound connection pool option is also not coming under BAM configuration

Please help!!

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: BAM Data Source and deployment setting in weblogic
          user9285225
          Hello,

Like DBAdapter you need an outbound connection pool to be created in Weblogic Console. But datasource is not required.

Configure connection pool under BAM Adapter. We have both soap and rmi protocols supported. I had done integration using rmi. Here you dont require any datasource names to be given. U need to enter the bam server and port details as a part of bam connection pool configuration

It is advisable to create a seperate plan for BAM connection pools. Create a seperate folder such as BAMPlan and then create the plan.xml pointing to this directory

Hope i was able to clear some of your doubts
          • 2. Re: BAM Data Source and deployment setting in weblogic
            Albin
            You can refer the below blog post to create the BAM connection factory through WLST script.

http://www.albinsblog.com/2012/09/creating-bam-adapter-connection.html#.UMrHs6ycaS0

Regards
            Albin I
            http://www.albinsblog.com
            • 3. Re: BAM Data Source and deployment setting in weblogic
              Shankar
              hello,

For BAM related settings are out of the box in web-logic server,here below points are describes steps to setup the Datasource whatever you call;
              1. In the Settings for oracle-bam-adapter page, select the Configuration tab, and then the Outbound Connection Pools tab.
              2. Configure the connection factory interface that you intend to use in Oracle JDeveloper, by expanding the appropriate Group and Instance target and clicking the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) name.
              3.     To configure the connection factory for RMI-based calls, click to expand the oracle.bam.adapter.adc.RMIConnectionFactory group and select the JNDI name that the user uses in Oracle JDeveloper. The eis/bam/rmi connection factory is provided out of the box.

4.     To configure the connection factory for SOAP-based calls, click to expand the oracle.bam.adapter.adc.SOAPConnectionFactory group and select the JNDI name that the user uses in Oracle JDeveloper. The eis/bam/soap connection factory is provided out of the box.

Hostname : local host (host name of BAM server)

Instance Name: ADCServer1 (default for RMI)

Password : welcome1 (password of BAM server)

Port Number : 9001(port number of BAM server)

Username : weblogic (user name of BAM server)

5. after saving it need to re-deploy OracleBAMAdaper, In deployments select OracleBAMAdapter click Update button.

I hope these steps are helpful.

PS Outbound connection pool option is also not coming under BAM configuration -- for this check BAM server is running or not or any other BAM server installation or ect.

Thanks
              Siva Sankar
              TechDemocracy
              • 4. Re: BAM Data Source and deployment setting in weblogic
                Shankar
                hi,

doses it helpful?

Regards
                Siva Sankar