This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
Like DBAdapter you need an outbound connection pool to be created in Weblogic Console. But datasource is not required.
Configure connection pool under BAM Adapter. We have both soap and rmi protocols supported. I had done integration using rmi. Here you dont require any datasource names to be given. U need to enter the bam server and port details as a part of bam connection pool configuration
It is advisable to create a seperate plan for BAM connection pools. Create a seperate folder such as BAMPlan and then create the plan.xml pointing to this directory
Hope i was able to clear some of your doubts
For BAM related settings are out of the box in web-logic server,here below points are describes steps to setup the Datasource whatever you call;
1. In the Settings for oracle-bam-adapter page, select the Configuration tab, and then the Outbound Connection Pools tab.
2. Configure the connection factory interface that you intend to use in Oracle JDeveloper, by expanding the appropriate Group and Instance target and clicking the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) name.
3. To configure the connection factory for RMI-based calls, click to expand the oracle.bam.adapter.adc.RMIConnectionFactory group and select the JNDI name that the user uses in Oracle JDeveloper. The eis/bam/rmi connection factory is provided out of the box.
4. To configure the connection factory for SOAP-based calls, click to expand the oracle.bam.adapter.adc.SOAPConnectionFactory group and select the JNDI name that the user uses in Oracle JDeveloper. The eis/bam/soap connection factory is provided out of the box.
Hostname : local host (host name of BAM server)
Instance Name: ADCServer1 (default for RMI)
Password : welcome1 (password of BAM server)
Port Number : 9001(port number of BAM server)
Username : weblogic (user name of BAM server)
5. after saving it need to re-deploy OracleBAMAdaper, In deployments select OracleBAMAdapter click Update button.
I hope these steps are helpful.
PS Outbound connection pool option is also not coming under BAM configuration -- for this check BAM server is running or not or any other BAM server installation or ect.