This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 2:53 AM by 951896 RSS

WTK2.2 installation fails under Fedora 17 32-bit

951896 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
When I try to install the Wireless Toolkit - j2me_wireless_toolkit-2_2-linux-i386.bin
I define the path of the java interpreter: /usr/java/jdk1.6.0/bin

but I get this error:
Testing /usr/java/jdk1.6.0/bin/java...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError: Extra bytes at the end of class file com/sun/kvm/environment/JavaVersionTester

How can I fix this? May be there's a way to install wtk2.2 manually, by placing the unpacked libraries in the right directories?

P.S. I need this specific version of the Wtk (2.2), because the device in development (Motorola RAZR V3xx) requires wtk version less than 2.5.2

Please help
  • 1. Re: WTK2.2 installation fails under Fedora 17 32-bit
    gimbal2 Guru
    I think the only way to 'fix' it is by reinstalling. A quick google for 'java.lang.ClassFormatError: Extra bytes at the end of class file' suggests it is likely caused by the class file being corrupted.

There is also a result in there that matches your question really closely:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/extra-bytes-at-the-end-of-class-file-when-installing-wtk2-2-a-529939/

The 'solution' here was to go back from Java 6 to Java 5 - I read that differently, this user reinstalled the JDK and things started to work. The fact that he went back to Java 5 probably has very little to do with it.
  • 2. Re: WTK2.2 installation fails under Fedora 17 32-bit
    951896 Newbie
    Well, I have already tried reinstalling 1.6 jdk about 3 times and it had no effect on Wtk2.2.

I'm trying to avoid going back to 1.5 or switching to 1.7.

My last hope is step-by-step guide on installing wtk2.2 manually, by copying each lib to the destination folders.

The problem is that I don't know if this is possible at all.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points