Please consider the blog post by Frank Nimphius, "How-to dynamically filter model-driven LOV "
(also part of http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/adf/learnmore/june2012-otn-harvest-1683085.pdf )
Using JDeveloper 18.104.22.168.0 I created an example application that tries to use the code suggested in the blog post
For the following scenario (sc1) I see (somewhat) expected behaviour:
- (sc1-a) run the "index" view on adfc-config.xml in JDeveloper
- (sc1-b) click the "do goFirstTryFilter" link
- (sc1-c) on the firstTryFilter page click the LOV search icon for DepartmentId
- (sc1-d) notice the "Search and Select: DepartmentId" LOV dialog shows up with one record with DepartmentId 60 in the table
- (sc1-e) click the Search button, resulting in the same one record with DepartmentId 60 in the table
Note that after step (sc1-e) one could expect to see "all" departments because no search-values are shown in the LOV search-fields (at steps (sc1-d) and (sc1-e)).
- (q1) What would be the options to make "dynamic filter" search-values visible in the LOV search-fields (to avoid end-user confusion when searching)?
-- (q2) Should (implicity) calling the toString() method on a ViewCriteriaRow instance change the state of the ViewCriteriaRow instance?
--- A known bug. (I have asked for the bug number.)
-- (q3) Why is there no message "Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1" when the LOV search icon is clicked (after step (sc2-c)), as it seems to be eaten by the framework, while there is such a message when the Search button is clicked (at step (sc2-e))?
--- a greyed out Error dialog is visible behind (so after moving) the LOV dialog
-- I have added a related/rephrased question:
--- (q4) Why is the Error dialog for message "Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1" invisible behind the LOV dialog (after step (sc2-c))?
But, the main question in this forum thread is (q1), and still remains.