0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 6:52 AM by 952160 RSS

Weblogic connection to timesten data source fails

Hi,
      I have Timesten 11g Release 2 (11.2.2) installed on windows 32 bit machine.

I am trying to configure a timesten data source in weblogic 10.3.4 but i get an error when selecting the target server and activating changes.The error is as follows:-

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
      weblogic.application.ModuleException:
      +weblogic.common.ResourceException: Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: [TimesTen][TimesTen 11.2.2.3.0 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT7001: User authentication failed -- file "db.c", lineno 9688, procedure "sbDbConnect"+

The timesten dsn is sampledb_1122 . It has a user appuser . I can successfully connect to this with timeten console.

When configuring in weblogic i give the following details:-

jndi -> jdbc/test
      Driver class -> com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDriver
      URL -> jdbc:timesten:direct:sampledb_1122
      hostname -> localhost (since both are installed on the same machine)
      port -> 53393 (server running on this)
      username -> appuser
      password -> appuser

When i click test configuration i get test configuration succeeded . At this stage if i click finish and activate changes there is no error.
      But when i select target as admin server for this data source i get the above mentioned exception.

These work fine with the timesten console and also for sample jdbc program as provided with samples .

I have also tried configuring with the client server configuration but still the same error. In this case i get same error in timesten error logs also.

Please let me know what might be the problem or i might be missing some changes.

Thanks

Edited by: kumarashish26 on Jul 27, 2012 4:50 AM