4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 9:15 PM by Sharath

iSupplier setups needed to access PO's from Multiple Operating Units

Sharath
      Problem Scope:
      A Buyer (Buyer_1) needs to cut a PO for Supplier (SSS). Buyer_1 is setup as a buyer belonging to Operating Unit AAA.
      Another buyer (Buyer_2) needs to cut a PO for the same Supplier (SSS). But, Buyer_2 is setup as a buyer belonging to Operating Unit BBB.

Question:
      What are the setups/steps that’d be needed (if any) so as to allow the Supplier (SSS) to login via the iSupplier portal and perform the requisite actions/tasks for both the PO’s (i.e. the ones from Buyer_1 and from Buyer_2)

Thanks a ton in advance!
        • 1. Re: iSupplier setups needed to access PO's from Multiple Operating Units
          Hi Sharath,

iSupplier is not restricted by OU. Rather restricted by supplier and site(indirectly tied to OU). If you just create a iSupplier user, then automatically the user will be tied to the supplier only. If you want to double check, then the user created in the fnd user form and verify the securing attributes. There should be only one attribute which restricts by vendor id.

Regards,
          Praveen
          • 2. Re: iSupplier setups needed to access PO's from Multiple Operating Units
            Sharath
            hi Praveen,

I verified that the securing attribute ICX_SUPPLIER_ORG_ID for the iSupplier user (belonging to the supplier) is set to the supplier's vendor id.

But, when I created a PO from the new operating Unit, it didn't show up in iSupplier (when logged in using the Supplier's login)
            When I queried the Workflow notification - there was a notification sent out the supplier contact specified on the PO.

When I created a PO from the old/existing operating unit, it did show up in iSupplier (when logged in using the Supplier's login)

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but not entirely sure what ... Any thoughts/recommendations on what it might be?

Cheers,
            Sharath
            • 3. Re: iSupplier setups needed to access PO's from Multiple Operating Units
              Sharath
              Hi Praveen,

I verified that the securing attribute ICX_SUPPLIER_ORG_ID for the iSupplier user (belonging to the supplier) is set to the supplier's vendor id.

But, when I created a PO from the new operating Unit, it didn't show up in iSupplier (when logged in using the Supplier's login)
              When I queried the Workflow notification - there was a notification sent out the supplier contact specified on the PO.

When I created a PO from the old/existing operating unit, it did show up in iSupplier (when logged in using the Supplier's login)

I have a feeling I'm missing something simple, but not entirely sure what ... Any thoughts/recommendations on what it might be?

Cheers,
              Sharath
              • 4. Re: iSupplier setups needed to access PO's from Multiple Operating Units
                Sharath
                Followed the instructions in this Metalink note - Purchase Orders Are Not Displaying In iSupplier Portal [ID 1322060.1] - and issue was resolved.