1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 31, 2012 6:26 AM by User375437 RSS

Implementing Client Cert Authentication Scheme

User375437
      I am using OAM 10.1.4.3.0
      I want to protect some web pages which is deployed on Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.3.0.
      I have implemented protection using Basic Over LDAP and Form Based Auth. Scheme.
      Now I want to implement protection using Client cert Auth. Scheme.
      I searched on net but didn't get sequence of steps, I should do to implement this scheme like how to create certificate, public/private keys, how to actually implement it?
      Can anybody please help me out with this.
      Also It will be heplful to me if anybody answer the following queries which I read in OAM Access Admimistration guide:
      Authenticating users with a client certificate requires the client to establish an SSL connection with a Web server that has been configured to process client certificates.
      How to make happen that client establish an SSL connection with Web Server?
      How to configure Web Server to to process client certificates and how to check if its already configured?
      For both Basic and X.509Cert, you can configure an AccessGate to handle unauthenticated requests received over a non-SSL connection.
      How configure an AccessGate to handle unauthenticated requests received over a non-SSL connection?
      I know these questions are very basic but it will be a great help to me if anybody answers these questions so that I can understand the scenarion.
      Thanks in advance for the help.