4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 12, 2012 12:39 PM by 953576 RSS

11gR2 client installation

Hi,

I used to have a 9i server/client configuration, and I am moving to 11gR2 on Win7 x86.

I was able to setup the server with DB successfully on a PC, but I am not sure how to setup another PC as client. In 9i, there was an option during installation to either install as server or client, but I can't see this in the 11gR2 installation.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: 11gR2 client installation
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl identify which version of Win 7 - you will need Professional or higher.

Client install steps are documented - http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e24187/toc.htm

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: 11gR2 client installation
            I am using Win7 x86 Pro.

I will look into the documentation and let you know.

Thanks a lot.
            • 3. Re: 11gR2 client installation
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

Please see:
              Is Microsoft Windows 7 certified to install/run Oracle Database Server/Client ? [ID 952302.

*PS:Please dont forget to change thread status to answered if it possible when u belive your thread has been answered, it pretend to lose time of other forums user while they are searching open question which is not answered,thanks for understanding*

Regard
              Helios                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
              • 4. Re: 11gR2 client installation
                I followed the installation document.