13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 4:59 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

RW-50011 Error Post installation

Hi,
      I have installed R 12.1.1 on Oracle Linux 5.8 which was installed on virtual box with Windows 7 as host. All the parts of installation wen well but post installation checks shows none of the Database,http,jsp,login page , help page were succesful.

For database below was the error :

Database Availability
      command: /media/sf_E/Install/Santosh/EBS/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/PROD_room.env APPS/APPS

riwTDBup.sh started at Fri Aug 3 01:04:55 IST 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/PROD_room.env APPS/APPS

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0
      ORACLE_SID : PROD
      TWO_TASK :
      PATH : /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/bin:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/jre/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/media/sf_E/Install/Santosh/EBS/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux_x64:/usr/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin:.
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib

Executable : /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/sqlplus

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 3

RW-50011: Error: - Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 3 command: /media/sf_E/Install/Santosh/EBS/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/oracle/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_room/ora/10.1.2/PROD_room.env APPS/APPS

riwTDBup.sh started at Fri Aug 3 01:05:09 IST 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/oracle/PROD/inst/apps/PROD_room/ora/10.1.2/PROD_room.env APPS/APPS

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2
      ORACLE_SID :
      TWO_TASK : PROD
      PATH : /d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/bin:/media/sf_E/Install/Santosh/EBS/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux_x64:/usr/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/oracle/bin
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib32:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/apps_st/appl/sht/12.0.0/lib

Executable : /d01/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 2

RW-50011: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error: 2

Can some one help me how to resolve this.
      Thanks,
      Santosh
        • 1. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
          Apart from this issue even in the env whenever apply try to run ./PROD_room.env (DB env file) still echo $ORACLE_HOME is not shown. However if i manually exxport the value say export ORACLE_HOME='d01..' then echo $ORACLE_HOME shows the value...
          • 2. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            Please run md5sum as per (MD5 Checksums for R12.1.1 Rapid Install Media [ID 802195.1]) to verify the integrity of the stage area directory.
            Apart from this issue even in the env whenever apply try to run ./PROD_room.env (DB env file) still echo $ORACLE_HOME is not shown. However if i manually exxport the value say export ORACLE_HOME='d01..' then echo $ORACLE_HOME shows the value...
            Looks like the env file was not generated successfully. Please post the contents of the env file here.

You may also run AutoConfig and make sure it completes successfully.

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
              Hi Hussein,
              I will check the md5sum but i tried running the autoconfig in db but that was completed with errors. Do you want me to post that log file as well?
              Thanks,
              Santosh
              • 4. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                Hi Hussein,
                env file is as below.

#!/bin/sh
                # $Header: ad8idbux.env 120.8 2008/03/27 08:44:13 sbandla ship $
                # =============================================================================
                # NAME
                # PROD.env
                #
                # DESCRIPTION
                # Setup environment for Oracle
                #
                # NOTES
                #
                # HISTORY
                # Created by AutoConfig
                # =============================================================================
                #
                # ###############################################################
                #
                # This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig. It will be read and
                # overwritten. If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not
                # able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note
                # 387859.1 for assistance.
                #
                # ###############################################################

#

######################################
                # Unset all the variables NOT required
                ######################################

unset TWO_TASK

unset ORA_NLS33

unset USERPATH

#####################################
                # Source the custom file if it exists
                #####################################

customfile=/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/customPROD_room.env
                if [  -f $customfile ]; then
                . /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/customPROD_room.env
                fi

############################
                # Set the variables required
                ############################

ORACLE_HOME="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0"
                export ORACLE_HOME

ORACLE_SID="PROD"
                export ORACLE_SID

ORA_NLS10="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/nls/data/9idata"
                export ORA_NLS10

PATH="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/jre/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:$PATH:."
                export PATH

LINK_CNTRL=""
                export LINK_CNTRL

TNS_ADMIN="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/network/admin/PROD_room"
                export TNS_ADMIN

if test "LINUX_X86-64" = "IBM AIX"; then
                export AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S
                fi

####################################################################
                # The CONTEXT_FILE variable stores the location of the context file.

CONTEXT_FILE="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/PROD_room.xml"
                export CONTEXT_FILE

# The CONTEXT_NAME variable stores the value for the current context

CONTEXT_NAME="PROD_room"
                export CONTEXT_NAME

##################
                # Set Library Path
                ##################

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib"
                export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

SHLIB_PATH="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib"
                export SHLIB_PATH

LIBPATH="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib"
                export LIBPATH

#######################################
                # Add perl to the PATH and set PERL5LIB
                #######################################

PERLBIN=`dirname /d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/bin/perl`

PATH=${PERLBIN}:${PATH}
                export PATH

PERL5LIB=/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/lib/5.8.3:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.3:/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/perl
                export PERL5LIB

ADPERLPRG=/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/bin/perl
                export ADPERLPRG

#################################################
                # National Language Support environment variables
                #################################################

NLS_LANG="American_America.US7ASCII"
                export NLS_LANG

NLS_DATE_FORMAT="DD-MON-RR"
                export NLS_DATE_FORMAT

NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=".,"
                export NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS

NLS_SORT="binary"
                export NLS_SORT

#############################
                # Set java program used by AD

ADJVAPRG="/d01/oracle/PROD/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/jre/bin/java"
                export ADJVAPRG

ADJREOPTS="-Xms128M -Xmx512M"
                export ADJREOPTS

# Timezone Specification file

ORA_TZFILE="$ORACLE_HOME/oracore/zoneinfo/timezlrg.dat"
                export ORA_TZFILE

Thanks,
                Santosh
                • 5. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                  Hi,
                  I have re installed.. Now everything is fine. ONly issue is i was not able to access the instance from my windows machine. I can login into the instance in linux.
                  I have added the network in hosts in windows and also disabled the firewall
                  • 6. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    ONly issue is i was not able to access the instance from my windows machine
                    What is the error?

Can you ping the server hostname.domainname from your client (or the IP Address)?

Do you have proper entry in the hosts file?

Thanks,
                    Hussein
                    • 7. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                      actually i used 127.0.0.1 as the host. i can ping it .. But it is the local host for guest and host OS
                      • 8. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                        I am not able to open the page. Connection not found is the error... i saw that we should not use the 127.0.0.1 in some posts .. but if i change in my guest os then not able to connect db. Can you pls. help me.
                        • 9. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          user780777 wrote:
                          actually i used 127.0.0.1 as the host. i can ping it .. But it is the local host for guest and host OS
                          What is the contents of the /etc/hosts file on the server?

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                            In the server

127.0.0.1 room.ebs.com room
                            ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
                            127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

In the windows i added

127.0.0.1 room.ebs.com
                            • 11. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                              user780777 wrote:
                              In the server

127.0.0.1 room.ebs.com room
                              ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
                              127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

In the windows i added

127.0.0.1 room.ebs.com
                              127.0.0.1 is the IP Address for loopback adapter http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost and should not be used for EBS installation. Your server hosts file should have entries like the ones in the docs referenced below.

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]
                              Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]

Thanks,
                              Hussein
                              • 12. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                                Yeah.. But i have already installed.. Can we change it now? Can you pls. tell me how t odo it..
                                • 13. Re: RW-50011 Error Post installation
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  user780777 wrote:
                                  Yeah.. But i have already installed.. Can we change it now? Can you pls. tell me how t odo it..
                                  It would be easier to fix the IP address and do the installation again.

If you want to change the IP Address without resinstalling, please see https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Change+AND+IP+AND+Address+AND+R12&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
                                  Hussein