This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 9:35 AM by WSiebel RSS

Error trying to configure gateway, no

ajgolden Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Running Siebel gateway configuration. Redhat Linux 86-64, Oracle db 11g R2.

Upon adding all responses in the gui to perform the config, the following error:

+"Siebel configuration wizard failed with error. Please see the log files for details."+

I am unable to even find the sw_cfg_util.log file to even debug.

I ran evt in the gtwysrvr/bin dir and got the following error messages. Not sure if that is the cause or not.

/8.2.2.0/ses/gtwysrvr/bin> evt
Running checks defined in file [evt.ini]. Please wait..
srvredit: error while loading shared libraries: libssscscf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
srvredit: error while loading shared libraries: libssscscf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
©1990, 2006, Oracle. All rights reserved. The Programs (which include both the software and documentation) contain proprietary information; they are provided under a license agreement containing restrictions on use and disclosure and are also protected by copyright, patent, and other intellectual and industrial property laws. Reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of the Programs, except to the extent required to obtain interoperability with other independently created software or as specified by law, is prohibited.
Environment Verification Summary Report for [sali-lab.ucdenver.pvt]
Report Run by [oracle] on [Thu Aug 2 12:33:00 2012]
Installed Version [NOT DETECTED] Installed Build [NOT DETECTED]
Running a [8.0] version validation with [VAN] flavor

Total Checks : 5
Checks Passed : 1
Checks Failed : 4 (1 critical failures, 3 warnings)
Checks Skipped: 0

Critical Failures:

Environment Settings
Please upgrade Operating System version to 2.6.5-7.97-bigsmp - the current version is 2.6.18-308.11.1.el5
Complete list of checks:

Environment Settings
Please upgrade Operating System version to 2.6.5-7.97-bigsmp - the current version is 2.6.18-308.11.1.el5
The current value of SIEBEL_OSD_LATCH is not defined
The current value of SIEBEL_OSD_NLATCH is not defined
Environment variable SIEBEL_MEMORY_ALLOCATOR has correctly not been defined
Please set Environment variable SIEBEL_ASSERT_MODE to 0 - currently the value is not defined

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.
For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com
(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Please advise.
  • 1. Re: Error trying to configure gateway, no
    WSiebel Pro
    Check doc below to find where installation logs are located:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E16348_01/books/SiebInstUNIX/SiebInstCOM_Verifying2.html#wp1276805

Review the logs and let us know if there is any helpful information.

thanks,

Wilson
  • 2. Re: Error trying to configure gateway, no
    ajgolden Newbie
    I did find the logs. Thank you. What should I be searching for in those? I also found 2 .err files. Contents of each are as follows:

oraInstall2012-08-01_01-23-23PM.err

*"chmod: cannot access `/u01/app/oracle/product/MDM/Siebel_Linux_Image/8.2.2.0/ses/jre': No such file or directory"*

oraInstall2012-08-01_01-40-07-PM.err

"No checks to execute for entry points. Please check input files"

Can you provide any insight on what I need to do? I would have assumed on install that the jre was installed. Is that not correct?
  • 3. Re: Error trying to configure gateway, no
    ajgolden Newbie
    Here is where you find the install log files:

Reviewing the Installation Log Files

After installing the Siebel Enterprise Server modules, review the installation log files to verify that all of the components installed successfully, particularly if you experienced any difficulties with the installation. The log files are created in the following directory:

*$SIEBEL_ROOT/cfgtoollogs/oui*
  • 4. Re: Error trying to configure gateway, no
    ajgolden Newbie
    I have not yet solved my issue. Found a couple of err files in that directory. Waiting for a response from possibly Wilson to try to resolve.
  • 5. Re: Error trying to configure gateway, no
    WSiebel Pro
    Yogesh,

Are there any meaningful errors in installActionsxxxx.log files generated by the time you have received the error message in wizard? Not sure if the errors you reported are related with the wizard error.

Thanks,

Wilson

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points