This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
On the surface, the item seems to have its supplies balanced to the demands – 9 sales order demands, and 9 supplies (planned orders and non-standard work orders).
A look under the hood shows some interesting things:
• The first non-standard work order is linked to a specific project (we use Seiban manufacturing).
• There is no demand for that project. That leaves the above work order hanging – it cannot be used for anything else, only this project.
• This work order also has an exception message “Items with excess inventory in a project/task” – makes total sense
• The last demand cannot peg to the existing work order, hence the somewhat misleading “pegging information has not been calculated in this plan” message
• The item shows one more interesting exception called “Demand quantity is not satisfied” – which is somewhat true.
The immediate solution is to take the project number off the work order. The next plan run has relinked all supplies and demands as needed.