This content has been marked as final. Show 12 replies
user9330447 wrote:Have a look on the following doc...
How can we send an email using notification task?? Can someone provide me the steps to achieve this.
Is it possible to send email to multiple users at a time??Yes, for the To, CC, and Bcc fields, separate multiple addresses with a semicolon (;)
I reckon they both use the same infrastructure services, have a look at this
Not sure if that's what you're looking for... But may be helpful anyway...
Thanks for your reply, I am using 126.96.36.199 only. I wan to use the notification task along with the BPM process and not with the BPEL process.
can I have some sample BPM process, start event -> Notification Task -> End Event.
I just want to provide mail id in the notification task and run this.
As I am new to this BPM world. Could you please provide me the proper steps to achieve the above scenario and the steps to test this.
Good you're on 188.8.131.52. The link in Vlad and copied into my response should help then.
You'd fill in the fields for the to, from, subject, cc, message body using variable(s) you populated upstream in the process.
You're not there yet, but most people struggle (me included) getting the email server set up to send the emails once the process is deployed and running. Here are the steps:
In Enterprise Manager:
1. Expand "SOA" -> right mouse click "soa-infra" -> click "SOA Administration" -> click "Workflow Notification Properties".
2. Select "Email" from the Notification Mode dropdown and enter email adresses for the three fields.
3. Expand "User Message Service" -> right mouse click "usermessagingdriver-email" -> click "Email Driver Properties".
4. Scroll down until you see the email server properties -> enter the appropriate values in these fields: OutgoingMailServer, OutgoingUsername, OutgoingPassword.
Verify that the user(s) you want to send emails to have an email address set. If you are using the default WebLogic security, in the WebLogic Console:
5. Click "Security Realms" -> click "myrealm".
6. Click the "Users and Groups" tab -> click the "User" tab.
7. Click the user id of the user you will be sending email to.
8. Click the "Attributes" tab -> make sure the "mail" attribute has a valid email address. If it does not have an email address, once you have entered it, be sure to hit the Enter* key to have it stick in the field.
You'd just need to modify the email address in the security realm or LDAP if you were assigning the human task to someone (e.g. user id "datwood") and that user indicated that they want to receive email notifications when a work item instance is assigned to them.
If all you are doing is sending emails using the notifiation activity like you are doing, then you're passing in the email addresses (e.g. "email@example.com") and would not need to do this. You'd still probably want to do this at some point before it goes into production though.
I am getting this below exception.
Query: UpdateAllQuery(name="CubeInstance.updateState" referenceClass=CubeInstance sql="UPDATE CUBE_INSTANCE SET STATE = ? WHERE (CIKEY = ?)"); nested exception is: Exception [EclipseLink-4002] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.1.v20111018-r10243): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02049: timeout: distributed transaction waiting for lock
Once again Thank you Daniel. I am trying that. Still getting some errors. I will checking all the configurations once again.
Also, could you please help me in clarifing this issue also.
Exposing as a webservice
Thanks in advance.
As per your suggestion I did the implementation.
I configured the Outgoing Mail Server, Port.
And in the 'To' list i provided the mail ids that belong to the same domain. I am able to recieve the mails.
But, when I am giving the mail ids other than the same domain(configured in the outgoing mail server) not able to recieve those mails getting some error "Reason: Invalid Addresses>
Also, how can I dynamically change the body of the mail.
please help me in solving this issue.