This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 7:45 PM by 771517 RSS

Embedded database: Reusing Oracle Stored Procedures

952934 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

One of our legacy system is developed using Oracle Forms having Oracle database at backend. We need to develop offline counterpart of this application. I am looking for an embedded database which can support executing existing Oracle stored procedures. I understand normally the embedded databases are light weight and mostly have certain constraints. Let me know if you know any such database please where I can reuse Oracle stored procedures (data layer).

Regards,
Sanjay Kedare
  • 1. Re: Embedded database: Reusing Oracle Stored Procedures
    771517 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi,

Your options are pretty limited when it comes to stored procedures in embedded databases. One of the ways that embedded databases stay lightweight and fast is by eschewing the heavier features of a traditional RDBMS.

One solution I've heard about is from a company called metatranz. They have a product that can convert stored procedures to C code that should be compatible with Berkeley DB. Please note that I have no first-hand knowledge about metatranz or their product, so I"m not recommending it; merely suggesting that it's something that might work. YMMV.

If you do try it, please post back here with the results.

Regards
    Eric

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points