This discussion is archived
1 2 3 6 Previous Next 85 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2013 5:13 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation

943224 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Greetings!!

I'm in the process of downloading the Oracle E-business Suite R12 software on Delivery Cloud. What I'm not so sure of is..

1. Which Files should I download for the complete installation for practise and learning purposes, because I see a string of them?

2. What are the installation instructions if you have a pentium 4, OS-Windows XP Sp3, and a 1.5GB RAM?

I would appreciate it if anyone helps me with a detailed procedure on the installation. Moreso,

3. I kindly ask for any documentated material that can help in this regard?

and

4. How to study Oracle Financial R12 effectively?

5. Lastly. I need information on how to purchase tutorials for one of the e-business suite self study materials?

Thank you in advance!!
  • 1. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    1. Which Files should I download for the complete installation for practise and learning purposes, because I see a string of them?
    Download Oracle E-Business Suite R12 CDs for your OS (from the first CD till the CD before the Documentation CD).

Product Pack: E-Business Suite
    Platform: Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Media Pack for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

From: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 Rapid Install Start Here (Part 1 of 4), Part Number: B53824-01 Part 1 of 4

To: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.1 for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) Rapid Install APPL_TOP - Disk 2 (Part 2 of 2), Part Number: V15677-01 Part 2 of 2
    2. What are the installation instructions if you have a pentium 4, OS-Windows XP Sp3, and a 1.5GB RAM?
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation Guide: Using Rapid Install
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/acrobat/121oaig.pdf

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Microsoft Windows Server (32-bit) [ID 761567.1]
    I would appreciate it if anyone helps me with a detailed procedure on the installation. Moreso,

3. I kindly ask for any documentated material that can help in this regard?
    Please see the links/docs referenced above.

Also, please see Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Installation Steps on Windows XP
    4. How to study Oracle Financial R12 effectively?
    R12 Docs
    http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B53825_08/current/html/docset.html

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=R12+AND+Study&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
    5. Lastly. I need information on how to purchase tutorials for one of the e-business suite self study materials?
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=3

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Thank you so much Hussein!! Always appreciate your prompt responses!! Be blessed!!
  • 3. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hey. hope u good!

I need some information on something- I read in some document that One has to first install the Oracle Application Server tier files that is: B24453-01, B24454-01, B24455-01. But in eDelivery Cloud I can not see those files. Would u kindly give me a link to those three files if they are all that necesssary??

Thanks!!
  • 4. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Above"N"Beyond wrote:
    Hey. hope u good!

I need some information on something- I read in some document that One has to first install the Oracle Application Server tier files that is: B24453-01, B24454-01, B24455-01. But in eDelivery Cloud I can not see those files. Would u kindly give me a link to those three files if they are all that necesssary??

Thanks!!
    You do not need to install Oracle Application Server (or download any additional files), just download EBS software from e-Delivery website and this will install the database tier node and the application tier node for you.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 5. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Thank you! ok... its an update ...I see....will do so!! thanks again!!!
  • 6. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Greetings!!

I kindly want to confirm on something. Is it possible to install Oracle R12 on Windows 7?

Thank you!!!
  • 7. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Above"N"Beyond wrote:
    Greetings!!

I kindly want to confirm on something. Is it possible to install Oracle R12 on Windows 7?

Thank you!!!
    No, since it is not certified.

Please see this thread for details -- How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 8. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    I wld like to thank you for the last question I posted.

However, I need more advice..I have a 250 g laptop, 2G Ram, WindowsXp Sp3..I realized that if I install Vision Demo, my DiskSpace will be compromised. Is it fine if I install without Vision Demo because my Disk space will accommodate that. I'm doing this for study purposes.. More-so, Do you know of any source were I can get Visual C++ 8???

thank you in advance
  • 9. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    However, I need more advice..I have a 250 g laptop, 2G Ram, WindowsXp Sp3..I realized that if I install Vision Demo, my DiskSpace will be compromised. Is it fine if I install without Vision Demo because my Disk space will accommodate that. I'm doing this for study purposes.. More-so, Do you know of any source were I can get Visual C++ 8???

thank you in advance
    Vision demo installation comes with setup data, so if you can manage to do the setup yourself then a fresh installation would be sufficient.

Please note that 2 GB is not sufficient and EBS installation only requires at least 4 GB.

You can download Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3092

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 10. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Thank you Hussein for your response, I just bought some more Ram today.. will follow the Visual Studio 2008 link you gave me!!!

I hope you wont find my numerous questions tiresome, thank you for your patience. I do have another issue and I'm stuck.

The issue is I'm still unsure whether to install Oracle R12 on WinXp or use Win 7 by using the VMachine and hosting OEL!!! From your own knowledge which is easier between the two??? I'm trying to install Cygwin on WinXp but I have a problem with the mirror sites because my geographical area (Zimbabwe) is not covered in the mirror sites even South Africa isn't... and I have been trying to download it since the beginning of November but it just times out or stalls for centuries.

I also thought of installing Linux straight away like Ubuntu or Fedora and I'm not sure if it will work. I want to here your advice first and then I see what to do.

Any advice on this will be helpful because I want to prepare for an exam soon!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!
  • 11. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    I hope you wont find my numerous questions tiresome, thank you for your patience. I do have another issue and I'm stuck.
    I do not mind at all :)
    The issue is I'm still unsure whether to install Oracle R12 on WinXp or use Win 7 by using the VMachine and hosting OEL!!! From your own knowledge which is easier between the two??? I'm trying to install Cygwin on WinXp but I have a problem with the mirror sites because my geographical area (Zimbabwe) is not covered in the mirror sites even South Africa isn't... and I have been trying to download it since the beginning of November but it just times out or stalls for centuries.
    Even though XP is not certified, you can install R12 on XP Professional directly without a need of having a VM. If you want to use a VM (with Linux OS), then it does not matter whether you are on XP or Windows 7
    I also thought of installing Linux straight away like Ubuntu or Fedora and I'm not sure if it will work. I want to here your advice first and then I see what to do.

Any advice on this will be helpful because I want to prepare for an exam soon!!!!
    EBS can be installed on Linux, please see the docs below for the list of certified Linux OS.

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 12. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie!!

Thank you for your last help. I finally thought of trying on Windows Xp without the Wmware...At the moment the installation is in progress currently at 13%....if i get any issues will come back for help. Im enjoying this a lot.

Thank you!!!
  • 13. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    943224 Newbie
    Hie!!

I have read all the posts about what to do if the Cygwin package, "WHICH", is not available. I got the same error message. I have tried to locate it in my harddrive but I cant find it. What should I do??.. Should I reinstall cygwin or search for the individual package, download it and install it?.. If I'm to do tht ,do I have to start afresh installing Oracle R12 and if so, how do I clean the environment for a new reinstall??

Thanks
  • 14. Re: Oracle e-Business Suite R12 installation
    Above"N"Beyond wrote:
    Hie!!

I have read all the posts about what to do if the Cygwin package, "WHICH", is not available. I got the same error message. I have tried to locate it in my harddrive but I cant find it. What should I do??.. Should I reinstall cygwin or search for the individual package, download it and install it?.. If I'm to do tht ,do I have to start afresh installing Oracle R12 and if so, how do I clean the environment for a new reinstall??

Thanks
    Please see (Using Cygwin to Maintain Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 on Windows [ID 414992.1]) and make sure you install all the required packages.

Once you have the "which" executable file installed, just retry the installation -- You do not have to clean the installation and reinstall.

Thanks,
    Hussein
1 2 3 6 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points