This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 2:35 PM by Brandye Barrington RSS

OCA certificate Clarification

954509 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have completed the following exams for OCA certification.

1. 1z0-047
2.1z0-147

which i believe marks the completion of OCA certification. Also i have submitted the course submission form on oracle site. Could anyone please tell me, if i would be receiving only one certfication (OCA) clubbing both the exams together? The current exam history shows these 2 exams separately. Is there anything that i should do from my end to intimate oracle to send just one certificate as OCA??

Thanks in advance.
  • 1. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    Rafi (Oracle DBA) Pro
    Hi,

Oracle Certification team will take care of sending the OCA certification,you don't need to do any thing from your end.

Best regards,

Rafi.
  • 2. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    matthew_morris Expert
    Several things:

1. There is no hands-on requirement for the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate certification, so you did not need to submit any course form.
    2. That combination of tests will get you two certifications, one for the associate above and the second for Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert
    3. From your post, you obviously are on Certview. The 'Success Kit Status' on Certview will show you when your certificate gets shipped. There is nothing that you need to do to make this happen.
  • 3. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    958669 Newbie
    Hi just i wanted to know about OCA certification @could you please give me your number so that i can reach u
  • 4. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    matthew_morris Expert
    could you please give me your number so that i can reach u
    The purpose of a forum is to provide shared support. No one on this forum is being compensated to provide support to specific individuals. Also, contact information is not allowed in this forum and will be removed by the moderators. If you have a question, then ask it. Unless your question directly relates to an existing (and active) forum thread, then you should open a new thread to ask it. Once it has been resolved, you should mark the question as closed and award points to any of the people that provided assistance or correct answers to the question(s) you asked.
  • 5. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    974917 Newbie
    Hi

I have completed both the exams(SQL and PL/SQL) required for OCA recently.
    Do I need to submit any course completion form for getting OCA certificate or it will be given automatically based on these 2 exams?
    Also how many certificates will i receive in all ?
    (Wil it be 3, 1 for SQL,1 for PL/SQL and 1 for OCA)
  • 6. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    bigdelboy Pro
    971914 wrote:
    Hi

I have completed both the exams(SQL and PL/SQL) required for OCA recently.
    OK
    Do I need to submit any course completion form for getting OCA certificate or it will be given automatically based on these 2 exams?
    No
    Also how many certificates will i receive in all ?
    (Wil it be 3, 1 for SQL,1 for PL/SQL and 1 for OCA)
    If you do not give me the exam codes I cannot tell you. It will be one or two. Visit http://certification.oracle.com to find out.
  • 7. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    974917 Newbie
    Thanks bigdelboy.
    The exams which I have completed are 1z0-047 and 1z0-147.So what are the certificates which i should receive?
    Also its been around 30 days since i completed 1z0-047 but haven't received the Success Kit.Is it something i should worry about?
  • 8. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    bigdelboy Pro
    971914 wrote:
    Thanks bigdelboy.
    The exams which I have completed are 1z0-047 and 1z0-147.So what are the certificates which i should receive?
    Also its been around 30 days since i completed 1z0-047 but haven't received the Success Kit.Is it something i should worry about?
    I am worried your training provider did not tell you these things.
  • 9. Re: OCA certificate Clarification
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    You can find this information on our website certification.oracle.com. You can also check your account at certview.oracle.com to see what certification has been granted and when the kit shipped. There are also further instructions on this site that tell you additional steps to take if you need to request for your kit to be resent.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points