I need help regarding Ago function available at column level in BMM.
I am not at all receiving any error. Unfortunately after Ago function implementation i am getting NULL values for that particular column.
Here are my implementation steps for getting "Month Ago" values for "Amout column" in Sales table.
1. i have created Time dimension hieararchy.
It is like this - Year - > Quarter - > Month - > Actual Date
2. Defining Keys and making them chronological are also done.
3. Actual Date is the PK and joins with my Fact.
4. "Amount" Column in Fact is set to 'Sum'.
5. i created a new column named " Amount Month Ago" and set following logic to its expression builder.
I have not received any error.
Once i pull this new column (Amont Month Ago) into the presentation layer and try to create a Tabular report. It is not showing any value. Other column values are OK as expected.
I know i am missing something important here.
Requesting you all to guide me. I am working on OBIEE 10g.
Hitting a 'NULL' value in the report hints me of some issues with the Hierarchy/Content setup of the LTS. I suggest you to enable level 7 log and see if the AGO(<measure>) is being nullified by the BI Server due to incompatible facts.
If it is, then you got to revisit your Period hierarchy and content settings in the Fact LTS. Some generic suggestions are,
1. Create hierarchies for all dimensions available.
2. Set the granularity of the sources in the fact to all available hierarchies.