13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2005 8:13 PM by 439257

Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).

The samples seem to work with windows forms, but the simplest connect with asp fails. This is a new installation of 10g and the OraOps10.dll is clearly in C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1\BIN The paths statements point to this directory. Any suggestions?

Code is:

using System;
      using System.Collections;
      using System.ComponentModel;
      using System.Data;
      using System.Drawing;
      using System.Text;
      using System.Web;
      using System.Web.SessionState;
      using System.Web.UI;
      using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
      using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
      using Oracle.DataAccess.Client;
      using Oracle.DataAccess.Types;

namespace OracleDataGrid
      {
           public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page
           {
                protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid DataGrid1;

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
                {
                     string connectionString = "User Id=scott;Password=tiger;Data Source=skips";          
                     OracleConnection Connection = new OracleConnection(connectionString);
                     string cmdStr = "select product_id,product_name,product_desc,category,price from products";     
                     OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand(cmdStr, Connection);
                     Connection.Open();

OracleDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();
                     DataGrid1.DataSource=reader;
                     DataGrid1.DataBind();
                     reader.Close();
                     Connection.Close();
                     Connection.Dispose();
                }
                #region Web Form Designer generated code
                override protected void OnInit(EventArgs e)
                {
                     //
                     // CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web Form Designer.
                     //
                     InitializeComponent();
                     base.OnInit(e);
                }

/// <summary>
                /// Required method for Designer support - do not modify
                /// the contents of this method with the code editor.
                /// </summary>
                private void InitializeComponent()
                {   
                     this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Page_Load);

}
                #endregion
           }
      }

Error is:
      Server Error in '/OracleDataGrid' Application.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
      Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).

Source Error:

Line 26:           {
      Line 27:                string connectionString = "User Id=scott;Password=tiger;Data Source=skips";          
      Line 28:                OracleConnection Connection = new OracleConnection(connectionString);
      Line 29:                string cmdStr = "select product_id,product_name,product_desc,category,price from products";     
      Line 30:                OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand(cmdStr, Connection);

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oracledatagrid\webform1.aspx.cs Line: 28

Stack Trace:

[DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).]
      Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsTrace.GetRegTraceInfo(UInt32& TrcLevel) +0
      Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +43
      OracleDataGrid.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\oracledatagrid\webform1.aspx.cs:28
      System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
      System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
      System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573
        • 1. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
          Turns out that you need to manually grant permissions on the Oracle Home directory and subdirectoried for IIS. This was never necessary in 8 or 9 but a requirement for 10g.
          • 2. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
            declare OracleCommand, declare OracleConnection, declare OracleDataReader
            • 3. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
              How is this done I gave IUSR_ permissions and still got the error
              • 4. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                How is this done I gave IUSR_ permissions and still got the error
                • 5. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                  Hi Jon,
                  i encounter the same kind of problem with asp.net. i u found a solution can u give that to me.

thanks
                  muthu
                  • 6. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                    You need to also grant "Full Control" to the IWAM_ account and the ASPNET account. Then restart IIS for the changes to take affect.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                      how to do??

the filesystem of my driver c is Fat32.not ntfs.grant?
                      • 8. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                        by the way,i can connect to the oracle10g server in windows application.
                        • 9. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).

Can someone supply step-by-step instructions for this process, in order to get this sample to run? Thank you very much.

Steve Gaughan

• 10. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                            Problem Description ------------------- When running an application that connects to Oracle and uses the Authenticated User privilege (such as Microsoft’s Internet Information Server (IIS)) via Oracle’s 9.2 client software and any of these programmatic interfaces
                            1.Oracle Provider for OLE DB
                            2. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle
                            3. Oracle ODBC Driver
                            4. Microsoft ODBC for Oracle
                            5. Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O) you will receive one of the following errors:
                            a) Oracle Provider for OLE DB Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Service Components (0x80070005) Access is denied.
                            b) Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005) Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed. Or Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle (0x80004005) Oracle error occurred, but error message could not be retrieved from Oracle.
                            c) Oracle ODBC Driver Error Type: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005) Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5 (Oracle in OraHome92).
                            d) Microsoft ODBC for Oracle The Oracle(tm) client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3 (or greater) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver until these components have been installed.
                            e) Oracle Objects for OLE
                            i. while using a GLOBAL.ASA file Error Type: Active Server Pages (0x0) An error occurred while creating object ’OraSession’.
                            ii. not using a GLOBAL.ASA file Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046) Permission denied: ’CreateObject’ (6)
                            f) Other miscellaneous errors

The Specified Module Could Not Be Found Solution Description -------------------- You need to give the Authenticated User privilege to the Oracle Home by following these steps:
                            i. Log on to Windows as a user with Administrator privileges.
                            ii. Launch Windows Explorer from the Start Menu and and navigate to the ORACLE_HOME directory.
                            iii. Right-click on the ORACLE_HOME folder and choose the "Properties" option from the drop down list. A "Properties" window should appear.
                            iv. Click on the "Security" tab on the "Properties" window.
                            v. Click on "Authenticated Users" item in the "Name" list (on Windows XP the "Name" list is called "Group or user names").
                            vi. Uncheck the "Read and Execute" box in the "Permissions" list (on Windows XP the "Permissions" list is called "Permissions for Authenticated Users"). This box will be under the "Allow" column.
                            vii. Check the "Read and Execute" box. This is the box you just unchecked.
                            viii. Click the "Apply" button.
                            ix. Click the "OK" button.
                            x. You may need to reboot your computer after these changes have been made. Re-execute the application and it should now work.

Explanation ----------- If you install Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) on a computer running Windows with an NTFS partition, the contents of ORACLE_HOME directory will not be visible to users who are authenticated on that machine. These permissions were not set properly when the software was installed. Applications that were working fine with previous versions of Oracle software will stop working when they upgrade to Oracle 9.2.

NOTE: The application will continue to work if the user has logged onto the machine as an Administrator. Any application that is using the Authenticated User privilege will not work. A notable example would be IIS which might service some of the requests based on the Authenticated User privileges. To demonstrate the problem in further detail, you can log on to the operating system as an authenticated machine user. You won’t be able browse the contents of the ORACLE_HOME directory demonstrating your inability to load any Oracle DLLs or make a connection.

References ---------- Bug:2498880 - Oracle 9I Release 2 Installation Issue on Windows 2000 NTFS File System Additional Search Words ----------------------- OLEDB
                            • 11. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                              I my case,on win2003 with NFFS,aspnet with oracle 10g works well.
                              Nny case,you can drop me a message by Yahoo Msgr:Zizhao_Chen.
                              • 12. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                                This can also happen if you "ORACLE_HOME/BIN" directory is not in the "PATH" Environmental variable. You will need to restart IIS Admin after setting this.

(Found this out the hard way)
                                • 13. Re: Unable to load DLL (OraOps10.dll).
                                  all of my user privelages are set just fine however i'm getting this error when I try to connect via my asp.net app (my windows svc apps work ok)

SeNTReport::Execute BEGIN
                                  2005-02-28 14:42:30,380 [1376] DEBUG SeNTReporter.SeNTReport - Using DBConnectionString: Data Source=SENTDB.ETS.COM; User ID=SENTPROTO; Password=SENTPROTO
                                  2005-02-28 14:42:30,490 [1376] ERROR SeNTReporter.SeNTReport - Failed to Execute SeNTReport: at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OpsTrace.GetRegTraceInfo(UInt32& TrcLevel)
                                  at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection..ctor()
                                  at ETS.SeNT.Common.SeNTDataAccess..ctor(String connString) in c:\ets\svn\prototype\namespaces\ets.sent.common\sentdataaccess.cs:line 29
                                  at SeNTReporter.SeNTReport.Execute(String reportName, String program, String adminMonth, String primStartDate, String primEndDate, String secStartDate, String secEndDate, String orderNum, String refInfo, String routeType, String resolvedFlag, DataGrid ResultsDataGrid) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sentreporter\sentreport.cs:line 123