This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 10, 2012 1:10 AM by gimbal2 RSS

Why aren't my EJBs getting created?

649509 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I'm using JBoss 4.2.3.GA (can't change that at the moment). I have a WAR file and within its WEB-INF/lib directory, I have a bunch of JARs. One JAR contains a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml file with this snippet ...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

<ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1">

<description><![CDATA[No Description.]]></description>
   <display-name>Generated by XDoclet</display-name>

<enterprise-beans>

<!-- Session Beans -->
      <session id="Session_myprojectStandardManager">
         <description><![CDATA[Session EJB wrapper for myprojectStandardManager <p> This is the implementation class for the myproject Standard Manager.]]></description>

<ejb-name>myprojectStandardManager</ejb-name>

<home>myprojectx.skills.myprojectStandardManagerHome</home>
         <remote>myprojectx.skills.myprojectStandardManager</remote>
         <local-home>myprojectx.skills.myprojectStandardManagerLocalHome</local-home>
         <local>myprojectx.skills.myprojectStandardManagerLocal</local>
         <ejb-class>myprojectx.skills.myprojectStandardManagerEJB</ejb-class>
         <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
         <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>

</session>
Sadly, when in my controller, looking up this EJB fails with the exception "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: myprojectStandardManager not bound". What other configurations do I need to do to make my EJBs valid? Thanks, -
  • 1. Re: Why aren't my EJBs getting created?
    gimbal2 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    You use the proper JNDI name, which is either 'EjbModuleName/EjbHomeName' or 'EarModuleName/EjbModuleName/EjbHomeName'. Or the remote variant of course. All standard and documented in hundreds of places, including the JBoss documentation.

The declaration is a bit of a mess by the way, I'm not too familiar with the ejb-jar descriptor but I get the idea that there is EJB 2 and EJB 3 stuff mixed in there.

And by the way: you do know that JBoss has wonderful forums where people using this technology visit, right?

https://community.jboss.org/en/jbossas?view=discussions

I'm silly like that, but I find it useful to ask questions about a specific product where other users are likely to go.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points