This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 1:44 AM by BluShadow RSS

My thread is getting removed after sometime

Sushant Sharma Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I have posted a thread 3 times (on OA Framework Forum). But after sometime, its getting removed from the forum.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Regards,
Sushant
  • 1. Re: My thread is getting removed after sometime
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    The posts were nothing more than advertising of a non-Oracle blog site.
    The posts were relocated to a forum visible only to forum moderators and the Administrators of the OTN forum site because they appeared to be nothing more than what could have been borderline in violation of section 6 of the forum Terms Of Use.

The Administrators will review them.
    If the Administrators choose to, they will send you an email to discuss the posts.

If you do not get any communication from them in (say) three or four days, then you would then be able to presume they simply discarded them from that administrative forum .

Edited by: rukbat on Aug 10, 2012 11:43 AM
    Additionally, it seems that multiple moderators moved the posts so there was a tiny consensus as to how they presented themselves.
  • 2. Re: My thread is getting removed after sometime
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    But i had posted that thread just for a knowledge share.
    It is simply a blog for the same technology.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 3. Re: My thread is getting removed after sometime
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Sushant Sharma wrote:

--Sushant
    I can guess that such is why the posts were not just summarily erased as spam posts.
    They are now awaiting review by the site Administrators.
    It is their responsibility to make the judgment call, not anyone else's.
  • 4. Re: My thread is getting removed after sometime
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Sushant Sharma wrote:

--Sushant
    Just linking to blogs is against the terms and conditions of using the forums, as it can be seen as advertising and promotion (especially as some blogs have sidebar adverts etc. - and I don't think admin or the moderating team will want to waste their time checking out every blog just to see that it's not advertising).

The purpose of the forums is to provide technical assistance or seek technical assistance with the Oracle products, not to just link to blogs to boost your own ratings.

If there is a commonly asked question on the forums and you wish to provide a blog style article to help people with that common question, you can write it as a non-question thread on the forum so that others here can easily link to it within the forum itself. I'm not sure of the forums you frequent here, but in the SQL and PL/SQL forum we have a FAQ thread: {thread:id=2174552} which is linked to a sticky post at the top of the forum, and that links to various useful threads on the forums, inclusing some such articles written by various members e.g. {message:id=1478795}

I didn't see your posts specifically, but I agree with rukbat (and the other mods who removed them) that, if you're just linking to a blog, then those posts should have been removed.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points