4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2012 12:11 AM by Billy~Verreynne RSS

Master Degree in Database Administration

Hi Friends,

Does anybody know the colleges in india, is providing the Distance Eduction or Part Time in "MASTER DEGREE IN DATABASE ADMINISTRATION, DATABASE MANAGEMENT OR DATABASE SYSTEM".

Please help me if you know the colleges.

Regards,
      Pravin
        • 1. Re: Master Degree in Database Administration
          Aman....
          Pravin wrote:
          Hi Friends,

Does anybody know the colleges in india, is providing the Distance Eduction or Part Time in "MASTER DEGREE IN DATABASE ADMINISTRATION, DATABASE MANAGEMENT OR DATABASE SYSTEM".
          DBMS is offered as a subject in most of the courses. I am not sure that I have ever seen it being offered as a major in any of the courses, at least in India. But I remember vaguely that some college (or may be a Uni too, can't recall properly) in Canada was offering such course. You may want to search for it.

That said, this is something that is not really related to Community Feedback and Suggestions forum IMO.

Aman....
          • 2. Re: Master Degree in Database Administration
            sorry...but i tried to find myself....i am not getting it...

so i added here...

out of india there are n number of colleges providing this course, but i required in india....

thanks for you reply...
            • 3. Re: Master Degree in Database Administration
              Aman....
              As I said, I haven't seen such course being listed in any premier institutes in India ever myself . Still, look around hard and may be you would find it somewhere.

Aman....
              • 4. Re: Master Degree in Database Administration
                Billy~Verreynne
                Have a look at what a master's degree is - from reputable universities. Then ask yourself how on sweet mother earth that can EVER apply to a specific technical field of DB admin - when DB admin is a NARROW field that is SPECIFIC to a particular s/w product?

There is no such thing as a master's DBA degree - except as a fraudulent qualification from a 2-bit organisation that lacks any and all credibility.

The two basic master degrees that are relevant in our industry is Master of Information System Management and Master of Science in Information Technology. Both these includes the fields of databases and database management systems.