This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2012 6:30 AM by wkobargs RSS

while Capturing for migration it generates OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row.

947771 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi!

Please tel me what is OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row, these are getting created in COLUMN.txt AND ROW.txt while capturing from sqlserver2005.

Please tel me , is it required to take any corrective steps after above out put or should i proceed with migration steps?

yours sincerely

Edited by: 944768 on Aug 12, 2012 11:15 PM
  • 1. Re: while Capturing for migration it generates OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row.
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Hello,

the names OMwB_something are telling me that you are using the old Oracle Migration Workbench 10.1.0.4, is that true?

There is still a manual available, perhaps that helps:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/book-128248.pdf

But the version is old and not supported anymore. OMWB has been replaced by the SQL Developer which contains now the migration workbench. I strongly recommend to use the latest version of SQL Developer to do your migration. You can get the software and detailed information here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/migration/index-084442.html

Regards
    Wolfgang
  • 2. Re: while Capturing for migration it generates OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row.
    947771 Newbie
    I am using sqldevloper 3.1 but after creating the offlinecapture from sqldevloper when we run the
    c:/>promp#
    # OMWB_OFFLINE_CAPTURE sa pass database123 server1
    from c prompt to get data
    from sql server , it creates Column.txt and Row.text and these files have OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row test written in it respectivily.

so i got some doubt , that are these files and text indication some error ?

yours sincerely

Edited by: 944768 on Aug 13, 2012 6:00 AM
  • 3. Re: while Capturing for migration it generates OMwB_Column and OMwB_Row.
    wkobargs Journeyer
    Hello,

I digged a little bit deeper, I did not look so often at the files that are created if you create the database capture scripts.

One of the files that are created is the one that is called SS2K5_BCP_SCRIPT.BAT, and it contains these lines:

rem store the delimiters
    bcp "select '%5' " queryout COLUMN.TXT -c -e COLUMN.ERR -t "" -r "" -U%1 -P%2 -S%4
    bcp "select '%6' " queryout ROW.TXT -c -e ROW.ERR -t "" -r "" -U%1 -P%2 -S%4

So the files column.txt and row.txt are storing the column resp. row delimiters that SQL Server is using.

So the txt files do not contain any error. The content is one necessary information that is needed to be captured. If there should be any error then that would go to column.err or row.err, as far as I understand the commands (I am not an expert for BCP).

So to answer your initial question: No, it is not required to take any corrective steps after getting the txt files and you can proceed with the migration steps.

Regards
    Wolfgang

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points