This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
The db seems not to be able to cope with the transformation although the parser and processor should be the same as the off-database transformation that was working well (or am I wrong?).No, the database built-in XSLT processor (C-based) is not the same as the XDK's Java implementation.
There's also a C XSLT processor available for external transformation and working with compiled stylesheets, it should outperform the Java implementation.
See : http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e23582/adx_c_xslt.htm#i1020191
We tried indexing the columns with XMLIndex, didn´t work out, we tried both XMLTYPE´s XMLtransform() and dbms_xslprocessor.processxsl(), same problem, the DB is working and working with no result, after some time we have to terminate. With a simple teststylesheet the transformation is doing fine but our complex stylesheet seems to be the problem.XMLIndexes won't help at all in this situation.
In my experience so far with the built-in engine, I've seen the best result when the XML document we want transform is stored as binary XML.
I don't know about the scalable DOM (or "lazy" DOM loading) feature described in the documentation, seems it doesn't support complex transformations, much like functional vs. streaming evaluation for XQuery.
Hope you can help me out a little bit I´m really running out of ideas.I'd be interested in a test case if you have the possibility (stylesheet + sample input XML). You can mail me at this address : mb[dot]perso[at]wanadoo[dot]fr
If you can't, could you describe what kind of transformation you're performing and how can I reproduce that behaviour?
thanks for your answer but I´m afraid I can´t give away the stylesheet. What it does is mapping an ONIX for Books Product Information Message to our inhouse XML format for storage and further processing. It´s conforming to the XSLT 1.0 Standard, so there´s no fancy stuff just a lot of testing, copying to output and counting. If I knew how to reproduce this behaviour, I would know what causes it and could solve it, but that´s my problem, hehe. It´s just a simple transformation, even XSLT processors which haven´t been further devloped since a long time like XT are able to cope with the stylesheet efficiently.
By the way another problem was the ONIX schema, which is without adjustment not applicable for registering in xmldb. When creating an OR XMLTYPE table it produces an ORA-01792 because it trys to generate over 1000 columns in one single table, nasty nasty.