This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 7:30 AM by Jake Turrell RSS

Hide Rows and Columns as to a validation rule in Planning forms

933606 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is it possible to hide the rows or columns or both for a specific rule other than the "Zero" or "#Missing"?
for example in an output form in Hyperion Planning if we need to hide rows in which form it has several columns and depending on one column's output.
can we do this using validation rules? or what is the way and how to do?
Thanks in advance!!!
  • 1. Re: Hide Rows and Columns as to a validation rule in Planning forms
    Jake Turrell Expert
    I believe you have two options:

1) Custom JavaScript (Won't work in Smart View, and can complicate upgrades.)

2) Don't do this in an input form. Instead use Conditional Suppression in Financial Reporting.

Because you're describing this as an "output" form, I assume you don't need to use it to input data. In this case, I suspect a report would be a better solution.

Hope this helps,
    - Jake
  • 2. Re: Hide Rows and Columns as to a validation rule in Planning forms
    933606 Newbie
    Hi Jake!
    Thank you for you reply!
    yes your assumption is correct, I mean I require this for output forms
    and I feel your 1st option would help me. but if possible, can you provide me with an example for a java script?
  • 3. Re: Hide Rows and Columns as to a validation rule in Planning forms
    Jake Turrell Expert
    Here's a link to one of my older presentations on Custom JavaScript within Hyperion Planning. Before you get too far into this, I should warn you that the functionality of custom JavaScript can be very different between versions of Hyperion Planning. Something that works fine in one version may not work at all in another version. This is why it can complicate upgrades.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89348985/Planning_Custom_JavaScript_Essentials.pdf

While this presentation doesn't explicitly cover hiding a column, it should get you started. I suspect the general approach will be to edit the customOnLoad function, and set the column widths you want to hide to zero.

I hope this helps,

- Jake

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points