5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2012 11:15 PM by 955811 RSS

About the BTree indices

Hi, I'm building a Java application and I want to use BTree indices for it. Can someone quickly point out which classes of Berkeley DB JE implementing the index part? I have read though the code, but it takes long time to find out about it.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: About the BTree indices
          Greybird-Oracle
          Hi,

I'm not sure if the source code is really what you want. The BDB JE public API lets you store key-value data using a Btree internally.

When you say you want to "use BTree indices", I'm not sure what you mean. The internal Btree source code is not implemented or packaged as a reusable component, that could be used separately from the BDB JE product. But if you want it anyway, it's in this directory: src/com/sleepycat/je/tree.

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: About the BTree indices
            Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. So more specifically how the index is structured internally?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: About the BTree indices
              Linda Lee-Oracle
              Our btree implementation implements the usual btree data structures. Please feel free to peruse our implementation, in the source directory that Mark referred to.
              • 4. Re: About the BTree indices
                Greybird-Oracle
                The high level architecture is described in this document:
                White paper: Berkeley DB Java Edition Architecture (PDF)
                here:
                http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/berkeleydb/overview/index-093405.html

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
                • 5. Re: About the BTree indices
                  Thanks!