4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2012 9:50 AM by 646561

Weblogic 12c and Apex Listener 2.0.0

Hi

I have a weblogic 12c install, and would like to do away with mod_plsql setups on our Apache servers, and since we have multiple databases running apex applications version 2 of the apex listener is the only one that makes sense for us.

I have the following environment, logs posted below.

Apex 3.2
      SUSE Linux ES 11
      Weblogic 12c - 12.1.1
      java version "1.6.0_33"
      Oracle JRockit(R) (build R28.2.4-14-151097-1.6.0_33-20120618-1634-linux-x86_64, compiled mode).

I have deployed the apex.war and i.war files to my server, but when I access the apex url (http://<host>:<port>/apex) the images cannot be displayed, even though the link for the images is like this - "http://<host>:<port>/i/htmldb/apex_logo.gif"

I have created the config parameters using "java -jar apex.war", and have these files on my server. But at no point is there a mention of where to place these files, and they are never repackaged into the apex.war. So I'm assuming there are some steps missing from the docs provided.

Please could you get back to us on this as we could really do with running multiple data sources.......

Log output:

cache.caching=false
      cache.directory=/tmp/apex/cache
      cache.duration=days
      cache.expiration=7
      cache.maxEntries=500
      cache.monitorInterval=60
      cache.procedureNameList=
      cache.type=lru
      db.hostname=10.176.247.99
      db.password=******
      db.port=1521
      db.sid=ITD112
      debug.debugger=false
      debug.printDebugToScreen=false
      error.keepErrorMessages=true
      error.maxEntries=50
      jdbc.DriverType=thin
      jdbc.InactivityTimeout=1800
      jdbc.InitialLimit=3
      jdbc.MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000
      jdbc.MaxLimit=10
      jdbc.MaxStatementsLimit=10
      jdbc.MinLimit=1
      jdbc.statementTimeout=900
      log.logging=false
      log.maxEntries=50
      misc.compress=
      misc.defaultPage=apex
      security.disableDefaultExclusionList=false
      security.maxEntries=2000
      db.username=APEX_LISTENER
      Aug 15, 2012 2:58:53 PM oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePoolConfig loadFromDBFromTime
      SEVERE: null
      ConnectionPoolException [error=BAD_CONFIGURATION]
      at oracle.dbtools.common.jdbc.ConnectionPoolException.badConfiguration(ConnectionPoolException.java:25)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.createPool(DatabaseConfig.java:50)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.getConnection(DatabaseConfig.java:32)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePoolConfig.loadFromDBFromTime(DatabasePoolConfig.java:169)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabasePoolConfig.getPoolInfo(DatabasePoolConfig.java:55)
      at oracle.dbtools.rt.jdbc.DatabaseConnectionFilter.poolInfo(DatabaseConnectionFilter.java:60)
      at oracle.dbtools.rt.jdbc.DatabaseConnectionFilter.applyDatabaseConnectionInfo(DatabaseConnectionFilter.java:71)
      at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase.service(HttpEndpointBase.java:132)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:844)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:242)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:216)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:132)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:338)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:221)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3284)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3254)
      at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
      at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
      at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:57)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.doSecuredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2163)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2089)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2074)
      at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1513)
      at weblogic.servlet.provider.ContainerSupportProviderImpl$WlsRequestExecutor.run(ContainerSupportProviderImpl.java:254)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)
      Caused by: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Error during pool creation in Universal Connection Pool Manager
      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:421)
      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:389)
      at oracle.ucp.admin.UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.createConnectionPool(UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.java:575)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.createPool(DatabaseConfig.java:94)
      at oracle.dbtools.common.config.db.DatabaseConfig.createPool(DatabaseConfig.java:48)
      ... 24 more
      Caused by: oracle.ucp.UniversalConnectionPoolException: Universal Connection Pool already exists in the Universal Connection Pool Manager. Universal Connection Pool cannot be added to the Universal Connection Pool Manager
      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:421)
      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:389)
      at oracle.ucp.util.UCPErrorHandler.newUniversalConnectionPoolException(UCPErrorHandler.java:403)
      at oracle.ucp.admin.UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.setConnectionPool(UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.java:614)
      at oracle.ucp.admin.UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.createConnectionPool(UniversalConnectionPoolManagerBase.java:571)
      ... 26 more
        • 1. Re: Weblogic 12c and Apex Listener 2.0.0
          Prabodh
          Hi Anonymous,

The 4.2 is EA at this time.

Did you try first setting up your environment with ApexListener 1.1.x?
          The idea is that you first establish the steps you need to follow to use ApexListener with 3.2. Once you have that working you would know that the general issues are resolved and be sure that the issues you face are related to 2.x .

Cheers,

PS: The i.war steps are described on Page 6 of the 2.x installation guide.
          >
          <ul><li><b>Repeat the previous steps to deploy the i.war file. </b></li></ul>
          >

Edited by: Prabodh on Aug 16, 2012 9:25 AM

Edited by: Prabodh on Aug 16, 2012 9:29 AM

Edited by: Prabodh on Aug 16, 2012 9:33 AM
          • 2. Re: Weblogic 12c and Apex Listener 2.0.0
            Thanks for the feedback.

I will try with 1.1.

I did deploy the i.war as described, and I have two applications "apex" and "i" deployed to my server.

Cheers
            • 3. Re: Weblogic 12c and Apex Listener 2.0.0
              Prabodh
              Hi,
              Have you read the document carefully and are you following accurately?

You should not have application i, you are to deploy in apex.
              From the same document
              >
              <ul>
              <li>Repeat the previous steps to deploy the i.war file.</li>
              <li>In the Optional Settings, specify the following:</li>
              </ul><ul>
              <li>Name: apex</li>
              <li>Security: Select “Custom Roles: Use roles that are defined in the Administration Console; use policies that are defined in
              the deployment descriptor”</li>
              <li>Source accessibility: Select “Use the defaults defined by the deployment’s targets”</li>
              </ul>
              If your domain is in Production Mode, then on the Change Center click Activate Changes.
              >

Cheers,
              • 4. Re: Weblogic 12c and Apex Listener 2.0.0
                I have tried to do that numerous times but the weblogic console will not allow the use of a application name that has already been used (the error text is "An application with this name already exists. Please specify a different name").
                I'm pretty sure this is a typo as I know of no application server that will deploy two applications with the same name.

Especially as in the 1.1.4 documentation (screenshot on page 1-9) it shows two web applications 'apex' and 'i'.
                I have just tried this version and it works, with the two applications.