5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2012 7:38 AM by 899429 RSS

URL in Formatted Text element

I am using URL hyperlinks in a Formatted Text element. But, in runtime configurator, they open in the parent window although I have included the target=_blank directive in the a href element. I want to open them in a separate window. How can I achieve this? Text link element can achive this, but I will have to create many Formatted Text and Text Link elements for a single text display and this will affect the alignment as well. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: URL in Formatted Text element
          JasonBatzlaff
          Biju,

Instead of Formatted Text, use "Text Link" found inside the drop-down box for "Basic Element".

When you create the Text Link, you can define the Caption Source and Rollover Text. These can be static value or derived from a property in the model.

Next, click Link Action and choose Navigation > Open URL. When you select this action, you will get a set of options to specify the actual URL to open and the Target (either Main or Child).

Thanks,
          Jason
          • 2. Re: URL in Formatted Text element
            Eogan
            Biju --

Can you provide more detail around why the Text Link element is not going to work as a solution for you?

A Raw Text element may be an alternative approach worth investigating.

Eogan
            • 3. Re: URL in Formatted Text element
              Thanks Guys.

I am trying to create a declaration text like the below.

"I understand that this application does not in itself constitute any form of approval for any service and does not place us under any obligation to grant such an approval.
              <br>
              <br>
              I understand and agree that the information submitted through this application form, shall, upon payment of all fees, and issuance of a receipted invoice by us, constitute part of our standard terms and conditions for the relevant service type as follows: <a href=http://www.website.com/terms target="_blank">Terms</a>
              <br>
              <br>
              I certify that all of the information submitted in the application form above is correct, that I am over 18 years old and able to enter into a legal contract in the service.
              <br>
              <br>
              I also confirm that I have read and agree to <a href=http://www.website.com/Terms-and-Conditions/ target="_blank">Privacy Policy</a>"

I created the above as a formatted link with a style associated since this section needs to be of specific style.

I tried to create a Raw text element, but it is not available inside a cell format (which is where the above formatted text element is currently placed).

If I have to include the links as Text link element, it will be a cumbersome process to create many FT and TL elements and format them properly.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
              • 4. Re: URL in Formatted Text element
                JasonBatzlaff
                I have found that Raw Text is not always available depending on the parent UI element type that I am creating it under. To add Raw Text below a Cell Format, try adding a "Stack Layout" first. Then add the Raw Text under the Stack Layout. There may be other UI Types besides Stack Layout that will allow you to create the Raw Text element...but Stack Layout is the type I used in the past.

Thanks,
                Jason
                • 5. Re: URL in Formatted Text element
                  Thanks Jason/Eogan for the suggestion of Raw Text element which finally sufficed my requirement.

Only issue with this element I found was that the Style property does not work with this although the setting is there. So, I had to use the <p> html element for the required formatting.