1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2013 7:48 PM by welsie Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
        Tom Petrus
        I'm not using that plugin in my apps (had to look it up to see what it was :-) ). I have some other plugins i've made myself, but i'm not using those on my modal page(s). Any direction of thought you could share?
        • 16. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
          Tony F.
          Hi Tom,

As you have pointed out, I am actually navigating through the back end (in developer mode) and not during runtime - links/tabs etc to get the result I have mentioned below, i.e. my point 3.

Tony.
          • 17. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
            Tony F.
            Hi Dan,

FYI, I am not using this gritter notification plug-in. Th only plugin I have is the Skillbuilders's Modal plugin.

Sorry, looks like we are back to square one.

Tony.
            • 18. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
              dmcghan
              Hi All,

Tom and I are going to try to meet online so I can observe this behavior. Hopefully we'll figure it out soon.

Tony, the behavior your are noticing is something that APEX has done for a while. It often displays the developer session in place of the end user session. Make sure you take note of both.

Regards,
              Dan

blog: http://DanielMcghan.us/
              work: http://SkillBuilders.com/APEX/
              twitter: https://twitter.com/dmcghan
              • 19. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                Tony F.
                No worries Dan.

Hope both Tom and yourself figure out what is going on.

Thanks.
                Tony.
                • 20. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                  welsie
                  Hi,

I just discovered this thread. I'm getting the same issues. Did you find a solution/workaround? I too am in a strict cooporate environment and we develop in IE and IE only!

Cheers

Danny
                  • 21. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                    Jeff E
                    Danny,

I've also been struggling with this issue for the past few days. The only place I have seen it happen is in our production environment (APEX 4.2.0) and with IE8. But not all IE8, it seems hit or miss.

The authentication for the app has the cookie set so that we can share the same APEX session with multiple applications. I noticed that the modal plugin is somehow causing the value stored in the cookie to be changed, thus invalidating the session. I observed this by running the page which had the modal plugin included and using the IE developer tools added a break before the call to load the modal plugin. I started the IE developer debugging and when the page loaded I issued a document.cookie command in the console. I noted the cookie value and then allowed the page to resume executing. After the page loaded I again executed document.cookie in the console window and noted a different cookie value.
                    When navigating around document pages that do not have the modal plugin I always observed the same value for a session when executing the document.cookie command. Only when I navigated to the page with the modal plugin would the value change and thus invalidating my apex session.

The page worked as expected in development. I decided that maybe I needed to clear my cache and cookies and then maybe development would start experiencing the same issue. But after doing so the production page started working as expected, so now I'm back at trying to recreate the issue to continue troubleshooting.

--Jeff                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                    • 22. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                      dmcghan
                      Hi Jeff,

I spent quite a bit of time on this but never found a solution. I'm sure it's some weird IE fringe case, which is why I decided to abandon my efforts on finding a resolution so that I could work on other things.

There is a weird solution you may be able to use to help. If you edits your windows hosts file and point a fake domain, like "apextdev", to your APEX instance's IP address, you should be able to run two APEX sessions from IE (the other would use the normal domain). That should allow you to have one developer session and one end user session. I know it's not ideal, but it's the best I can think of - other than using a better browser ;)

Good luck!

Regards,
                      Dan

blog: http://DanielMcghan.us/
                      work: http://SkillBuilders.com/APEX/
                      • 23. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                        Tony F.
                        Unfortunately Danny - I never found a solution for this and basically instead of doing my development within IE8, I do it all now using Chrome, as I don't have the problem here.

I only use IE8 for run time purposes to ensure that all renders correctly and nicely, which is what the users will see.

It's annoying but does the trick.

Tony.
                        • 24. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                          ri*437970*n1
                          Hi all

I have this problem at present BUT i am also using the gritter plug - in as well also the session timeout plug in.

Can you explain the conflict the with the notification/gritter plug in to see if that will fix the problem?

As stated as soon as your browser loads a page containing the show modal plug in you have lost your developer session.

Im using IE8 and apex 4.1.1

Cheers,
                          Richard.
                          • 25. Re: Skillbuilders Modal Page (2.0.0) and IE8 Session Lost/Logs Out
                            welsie

Hi,

Just an update on this. IE9 doesn't have the same issue...

Danny

1 2 Previous Next