8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 11:24 PM by 999137 RSS

Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working

I'm running into the 'macro not found' error as of today with the Oracle BI publisher desktop add-in for Word. Using Word 2007...everything worked fine yesterday, computer did an update overnight.

I tried the old methods of closing Word, locating .exd files on my hard drive, renaming them, and then restarting Word. Still running into the same issues. Has anyone else started to experience this today?

exd files are being generated after the above process to AppData\Local\temp\vbe (2 files: MSComctLib.exd and MSForms.exd)
        • 1. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
          Avinash_Varma
          have u tried this by closing all the word applications.

1. Open the command prompt.
          2. Navigate Document and Settings
          3. C:\Documents and Settings>del /S /A:H /A:-H *.EXD (and press enter key)
          • 2. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
            I have tried that several times, but continue to receive the same error. I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the BI Publisher add-in.
            As mentioned, there were a number of Microsoft Office 2007 Security Updates that were applied to my computer last night, along with Office 2007 SP3 and a few other updates. I'm hoping it's something to do with the updates that Oracle/Microsoft will have a fix for soon.

If anyone finds a solution please let me know!
            • 3. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
              I had the same issue and found that running the following in an elevated (i.e. 'Run as Administrator) command prompt worked for me:

For 64-bit operating systems, type the following:
              Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

For 32-bit operating systems, type the following:
              Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Make sure to reboot after above action has completed successfully.

Cheers,

Marshall
              • 4. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
                user236336
                After doing the command below:
                C:\Documents and Settings>del /S /A:H /A:-H *.EXD

And it didn't work. I then followed below:

For 64-bit operating systems, type the following:
                Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

For 32-bit operating systems, type the following:
                Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX"

Make sure to reboot after above action has completed successfully

I worked successfully.

Thank you
                • 5. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
                  P.Ranish-Oracle
                  Hi I was also running with exact problem, and running on this issue for 1.5 days with all regular work around.

However below steps resolved my issue.
                  1. Uninstalled the old version of BI.
                  2. Taken latest version Oracle BI Publisher Desktop via OTN (http://otn.oracle.com/ ) which is 11.1.1.6 [ I took 32 bit version as my MS Word  is 32 bit version].
                  3. Renamed the *.EXD %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\VBE as *.EXD_OLD
                  4. Installed the latest version of BI Publisher Desktop, in admin mode.

With out any other work around its working.

Thanks!
                  P.Ranish

Edited by: user781215 on Aug 23, 2012 6:27 AM
                  • 6. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
                    Hi,

I am trying to install the BI Publisher Desktop 10.1.3.4.2 for windows but getting the error -
                    "Macro ccanot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings"

I am windows 7 and using MS Office 2007.

Any help and inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
                    Bhawna
                    • 7. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working
                      Hi,

I am trying to install the BI Publisher Desktop 10.1.3.4.2 for windows but getting the error -
                      "Macro ccanot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings"

Based on the reposnes to same problem on OTN, i tried to rename the MSCOMCTL.OCX file and running the command - Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX".

None of this helped. Running the command gives an error and does not get executed.

I am windows 7 and using MS Office 2007.

Any help and inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
                      Bhawna
                      • 8. Re: Macro error with BI Publisher Add-In: exd removal not working

you can try follow steps to resolve it.

1) Start>Program>Attachment>Command>right click >Run as Administrator

and then run

regsvr32.exe /u  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX

regsvr32.exe  C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.OCX