1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 17, 2012 5:26 PM by Paarthy-Oracle

Default quantity in receiving

SidK
      Hi,

While performing receiving transaction, quantity value defaults as 0 despite the fact that I had ordered 1 or more than 1 quantity in purchase order for which I am performing receipt transaction first time and hence no quantity has been received till now.

Please help me how to default quantity in receipt form as ordered quantity (minus received quantity if received any quantity earlier)

Thanks
      Siddharth
        • 1. Re: Default quantity in receiving
          Paarthy-Oracle
          Hi Sid,
          Most possible cause of the issue is you would have enabled "blind receiving" at the Receiving options of the inventory organization.
          You need to uncheck it, to make the form default the expected quantity.

Refer:
          Quantity Is Zero On Enter Receipts Form RCVRCERC for Inter Org Transfer / PO / RMA / ISO (Doc ID 1448999.1)

Cause:
          Blind receiving is being used in the Receiving Options for the Inventory Organization involved.

In RCV_PARAMETERS table BLIND_RECEIVING_FLAG is Y for the destination ORGANIZATION_ID

If the 'Allow Blind Receiving' option is enabled in Receiving Options,
          the quantity due or the quantity ordered cannot be seen for shipments when the
          items are received

Blind receiving helps to ensure that receivers record the exact amount they
          receive and not what they expect to receive. With blind receiving, the
          quantity due or the quantity ordered cannot be seen for shipments when the
          items are received. Purchasing ignores all quantity receipt tolerances
          to help ensure that the exact amount the supplier shipped will be received.

Solution:
          To implement the solution, please execute the following steps:
          1. Go into the responsibility Purchasing
          2. Navigate to Setup-> Organizations-> Receiving Options
          3. Select the destination organization
          4. Uncheck the Allow Blind Receiving flag
          5. Retest the issue.
          5. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.