This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2012 11:33 PM by 869319 RSS

Newb ? on exception - Incompatible Class Mutation Missing to Evolve Class

869319 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I've been able to go through the dpl example in the Getting Started manual with little problems. I've just started to try and integrate bdbje with a rest framework called dropwizard and am getting the below exception. I'm not running in a replicated environment but in a stand alone mode. Could anyone provide any suggestions on what is going wrong or what I may be doing wrong. Thanks for any suggestions or pointers.

Exception in thread "main" com.sleepycat.persist.evolve.IncompatibleClassExcepti
on: (JE 5.0.58) Mutation is missing to evolve class: CSWS.WBSMenu version: 0 Err
or: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: CSWS.WBSMenu
---
Mutation is missing to evolve class: CSWS.WBS version: 0 Error: java.lang.ClassN
otFoundException: CSWS.WBS
---
Mutation is missing to evolve class: CSWS.WBSSpread version: 0 Error: java.lang.
ClassNotFoundException: CSWS.WBSSpread
---
(Note that when upgrading an application in a replicated environment, this excep
tion may indicate that the Master was mistakenly upgraded before this Replica co
uld be upgraded, and the solution is to upgrade this Replica.)
at com.sleepycat.persist.impl.PersistCatalog.init(PersistCatalog.java:51
2)
at com.sleepycat.persist.impl.PersistCatalog.initAndRetry(PersistCatalog
.java:268)
at com.sleepycat.persist.impl.PersistCatalog.<init>(PersistCatalog.java:
228)
at com.sleepycat.persist.impl.Store.<init>(Store.java:204)
at com.sleepycat.persist.EntityStore.<init>(EntityStore.java:190)
at csws.CSWSConfiguration.getBDBJEEntityStore(CSWSConfiguration.java:58)

at csws.CSService.initialize(CSService.java:24)
at csws.CSService.initialize(CSService.java:12)
at com.yammer.dropwizard.AbstractService.initializeWithBundles(AbstractS
ervice.java:181)
at com.yammer.dropwizard.cli.ServerCommand.run(ServerCommand.java:49)
at com.yammer.dropwizard.cli.ConfiguredCommand.run(ConfiguredCommand.jav
a:98)
at com.yammer.dropwizard.cli.Command.run(Command.java:111)
at com.yammer.dropwizard.AbstractService.run(AbstractService.java:197)
at csws.CSService.main(CSService.java:14)
  • 1. Re: Newb ? on exception - Incompatible Class Mutation Missing to Evolve Class
    greybird Expert
    Hello,

Since you are just starting to use BDB JE, I suspect that you simply need to wipe out the JE environment (delete the contents of the JE home directory, all .jdb files) and start from scratch. Errors such as this occur when you store data, and then change your persistent classes without providing mutations for evolving them properly.

--mark                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • 2. Re: Newb ? on exception - Incompatible Class Mutation Missing to Evolve Class
    869319 Newbie
    Right that was the issue. I naively wrote to the database with one version of my program then tried to read from an updated version of the same program.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points