4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 1:05 PM by Vitor Jr. RSS

RAC 11.2.0.3 fail with PRVF-5636

Vitor Jr.
      Hi there.
      First of all, sorry for my pour english.

I'm trying to install RAC 11.2.0.3 with DNS/DHCP server for study, but my installation fails with this:

Task resolv.conf Integrity - This task checks consistency of file /etc/resolv.conf file across nodes
      Check Failed on Nodes: [oel63b,  oel63a]
      Verification result of failed node: oel63b

Details:
       - 
      PRVF-5636 : The DNS response time for an unreachable node exceeded "15000" ms on following nodes: oel63a,oel63b  - Cause:  The DNS response time for an unreachable node exceeded the value specified on nodes specified.  - Action:  Make sure that 'options timeout', 'options attempts' and 'nameserver' entries in file resolv.conf are proper. On HPUX these entries will be 'retrans', 'retry' and 'nameserver'. On Solaris these will be 'options retrans', 'options retry' and 'nameserver'.
      Verification result of failed node: oel63a

Details:
       - 
      PRVF-5636 : The DNS response time for an unreachable node exceeded "15000" ms on following nodes: oel63a,oel63b  - Cause:  The DNS response time for an unreachable node exceeded the value specified on nodes specified.  - Action:  Make sure that 'options timeout', 'options attempts' and 'nameserver' entries in file resolv.conf are proper. On HPUX these entries will be 'retrans', 'retry' and 'nameserver'. On Solaris these will be 'options retrans', 'options retry' and 'nameserver'.

Any help? How can I fix the 15 secs from nslookup?
        • 1. Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 fail with PRVF-5636
          Julio_Pastro
          Hello Vitor,

As I can see, you may hit a bug... please check this note for clarifications:
          *Runcluvfy - Dns Response Time Check - Fails with PRVF-5636 The DNS response time for an unreachable node exceeded "15000" ms [ID 1326997.1]*

You need to work with you network team, may be an invalid entries in you DNS server, or invalid keys in your root.hint.

Hope it's helps.

Best regards,
          Julio
          • 2. Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 fail with PRVF-5636
            Vitor Jr.
            Julio, this is for study, I don't have a network team! rsrsrsrs
            I already knew that note, but she did not tell me anything ... :(
            • 3. Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 fail with PRVF-5636
              Vitor Jr. wrote:
              Julio, this is for study, I don't have a network team! rsrsrsrs
              I already knew that note, but she did not tell me anything ... :(
              Hi,

This error is just a warning, you can choose to ignore it in the installer especially this is only testing environment.

In the real world environment you would need to contact your Network Admin as mentioned in the note

Cheers
              • 4. Re: RAC 11.2.0.3 fail with PRVF-5636
                Vitor Jr.
                Hi Fieidi, thanks for your reply.
                Ok, I understand that I can ignore this error and continue, but I would like to do a clean install without errors. Just like to understand if anyone knows what can cause this error and where to treat it.

Regards
                Vitor Jr