3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2012 2:04 PM by 527451 RSS

Control Center issue

Gurus,

I have 2 questions regarding OWB (11gr1) Conrol Center.

1. Control center is not starting occasionally, after i login and exit the Desgin Center a couple of times later the Control Center starts.
      Any thoughts on the issue.

2. How can i check whether the Control Center Services are up and running from the client side.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts on these issues.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by: user524448 on Aug 20, 2012 2:09 PM
        • 1. Re: Control Center issue
          Sutirtha Roy
          >

>
          1. Control center is not starting occasionally, after i login and exit the Desgin Center a couple of times later the >Control Center starts.
          May be your DB hosting control centor was starting .

>
          2. How can i check whether the Control Center Services are up and running from the client side.
          There is a script avaliable in OWB_HOME\rtp\sql\show_service.sql run this script to know if your control center service is running or not .
          If the script shows "Available" it means control center service is running
          If the script shows "Not Available" it means control center service is not running

There are few more script available at the same location.
          use start_service.sql to start control center service
          use stop_service.sql to stop control center service
          use service_doctor.sql to investigate the problem in control center service

Thanks,
          Sutirtha
          • 2. Re: Control Center issue
            Hi Sutirtha,

Thanks so much for your response.

1. After i executed the "show_service.sql" i got the message "Available" and the control center is working.

But again when i logged out and logged in through my design center, but my control center is not starting.
            When i executed the "show_service.sql" i got the message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Role set.

Available

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts.

Thanks,
            Partha

Edited by: user524448 on Aug 21, 2012 11:27 AM

Edited by: user524448 on Aug 21, 2012 11:30 AM
            • 3. Re: Control Center issue
              Gurus,

Clarifications on Control Center issue:

I still could not figure out why my control center is not starting for the first time. Although by executing "show_service.sql" i get message "Available" but still the control center is not starting in the first attempt. I have to log in and log out the OWB Design center a couple of times and later the Control Center works. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue.

Edited by: user524448 on Aug 24, 2012 2:04 PM