This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2012 5:38 AM by Tuelho RSS

JSSE SSL implementation on WLS 10.3.6

Tuelho Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello.

We are migrating from WLS 10.3.3 to 10.3.6 and I saw in DOC [1] the following note [1]:

"+Support for the Certicom SSL implementation is deprecated and will eventually be removed. For this purpose, this release of WebLogic Server continues to support the Certicom SSLPlus Java version 4.0 SSL implementation.+"

Is there other known advices/advantages in using JSSE instead Certicom implementation for SSL on WLS? Something like performance or new features?

Is there some known side effect when changing certicom to jsse on production env?

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/web.1111/e13707/ssl.htm#BABEFCIA

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: JSSE SSL implementation on WLS 10.3.6
    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle Expert
    Hi,

There is no such option are there.

We still work with certicom but as Oracle is involved with fusion technologies such changes are driven to balance the security stuff.

Hope I clear your query.

Regards,
    Kal
  • 2. Re: JSSE SSL implementation on WLS 10.3.6
    handat Expert
    Tuelho wrote:
    Hello.

We are migrating from WLS 10.3.3 to 10.3.6 and I saw in DOC [1] the following note [1]:

"+Support for the Certicom SSL implementation is deprecated and will eventually be removed. For this purpose, this release of WebLogic Server continues to support the Certicom SSLPlus Java version 4.0 SSL implementation.+"

Is there other known advices/advantages in using JSSE instead Certicom implementation for SSL on WLS? Something like performance or new features?
    All the new cryptos available in latest java will be available through JSSE, so if you need longer keys or newer/more secure cryptos, then JSSE is the way to go, but of course some things that were hardcoded to use Certicom SSL will break.
  • 3. Re: JSSE SSL implementation on WLS 10.3.6
    Tuelho Newbie
    Hello guys.

Many thanks for your replies.
    So, in suma if my code don't reference the certicom API directly it will not break. Correct
    Further the JSSE with last releases of JVM provides stronger crypto algorithms.
    Correct?

Regads.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points