This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 3:16 AM by 948372 RSS

It seems that cache agent stop working.. any idea?

948372 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi teachers,

I got a global cache group, and I had loaded data into it.

Now I need to refresh the cache group with new data. I did like this (since refresh cache group is not supported for global cache group):
1. unload cache group xxx; [works well]
2. load cache group xxx where ... commit every 10000 rows; [works BAD]

Then, I tried to load the previous data into cache group, also the data cannot be loaded again.

There is no error message printed, and I cannot stop the "load cache group" command in ttisql, I need to use "pidof ttIsqlCmd" to get the pid and kill it.

So, I want to restart the entire ttdaemonadmin process, when I tried to call ttcachestop after detaching the node from grid, the command hangs there again.

I ignored this and then I tried this:
[tta@xingyong70 bin]$ ./ttdaemonadmin -stop
ttDaemonAdmin: timed out waiting for daemon to go away.
Daemon process 11461 is still running.

Seems that I also cannot stop the daemon, the user "tta" is the one I installed TimesTen with.

So, I login as root, and get the pid of ttdaemonadmin by issuing "netstat -lnp", and tried to kill 11461 with " kill 11461", but the process is still there.

I can only kill it by "kill -9 11461".

------------------------------

After I restarted the ttdaemonadmin, I can successfully load the cache group.

I want to know what caused the "load cache group " command and "call ttcachestop" command hangs there. Or any possible incorrect actions may cause that.

Thanks in advance!
  • 1. Re: It seems that cache agent stop working.. any idea?
    rajeshp Explorer
    Hi,

How many rows you are trying to load using LOAD CACHEGROUP command ? Did you checked the daemon logs to see any error/issues being reported there?

What version of Timesten is this ?
    Can you try PARALLEL clause at the time of loading . Something like below

LOAD CACHE GROUP [Owner.]GroupName WHERE [condition] COMMIT EVERY 1000 ROWS PARALLEL 4;

Regards
    Rajesh
  • 2. Re: It seems that cache agent stop working.. any idea?
    948372 Newbie
    Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the response.

I was trying to load 5 million records into TT. I had loaded that quantity of records successfully earlier today. My RAM is enough.

My TimesTen version is 11.2.2.

I cannot reproduce this issue now since I have loaded 10 millions records into TT just now, I will pay attention to it continuously.

Thanks again,
    Wenbin

Edited by: 945369 on 2012-8-21 上午3:13

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points