8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 9:24 AM by Amith Y RSS

Apply Button twice

ReddyG
      Hi Gurus,

I have a dashboard with two prompts and Apply&Reset button,I have an issue with "Apply" button,when I select values in prompts and press "Apply" button,Obiee keeps on searching for results,not showing any results but when i clicked the Apply button Twice for the same,the results are coming very fast..sometimes it is behaving like this why?I using 11.1.1.6.0....Is there any Known issue/bug plz let me know...

Thanks In Advance...
        • 1. Re: Apply Button twice
          ReddyG
          Any help.......
          • 2. Re: Apply Button twice
            Amith Y
            User wrote:
            Hi Gurus,

I have a dashboard with two prompts and Apply&Reset button,I have an issue with "Apply" button,when I select values in prompts and press "Apply" button,Obiee keeps on searching for results,not showing any results but when i clicked the Apply button Twice for the same,the results are coming very fast..sometimes it is behaving like this why?I using 11.1.1.6.0....Is there any Known issue/bug plz let me know...

Thanks In Advance...
            Have you tried using different browsers? Is the behavior same across IE, firefox and chrome? If you are using, make sure the following setting is checked. If you go under Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll all the way down, and the 10th setting from the bottom called Enable Native XMLHTTP Support.

Make sure that checkbox is turned on.
            • 3. Re: Apply Button twice
              ReddyG
              Hi Amith,

I tried with both IE and Mozilla the problem is same,And also the I checked IE option Enable Native XMLHTTP Support it was checked..any other things I am missing?.....
              • 4. Re: Apply Button twice
                Amith Y
                User wrote:
                Hi Amith,

I tried with both IE and Mozilla the problem is same,And also the I checked IE option Enable Native XMLHTTP Support it was checked..any other things I am missing?...
                Not really sure at this point as it sounds like a bug to me. In those set of prompts, do you have any prompt that is constrained? Meaning limit the values of that specific prompt based on all prompts, and also have select multiple values checked?

Thanks,
                -Amith.
                • 5. Re: Apply Button twice
                  ReddyG
                  Hi Amith,

thanks for ur time.

No,they are just simple prompts with calendar control to select dates...do have any bug reference related to this issue...

Thanks in Advance.
                  • 6. Re: Apply Button twice
                    MuRam
                    Hi,

I dont think its an issue. First all you need to see is, after clicking on APPLY button whether the report is running with time icon to render. If its showing the running icon then the report is running.
                    And try to fetch the queries and try to run them in the Backend tools to find the time taken.

What might happen is on the first click the report starts to execute and on the second click the result which is fetched from the first click is getting displayed.

Hope this helped/ answered

Regards
                    MuRam
                    • 7. Re: Apply Button twice
                      ReddyG
                      Hi Muram,

yes,As you said after clicking Apply button first Time the report is running with time icon to render and it is not giving any Results if I wait for minutes also it keeps on searching..I checked results in Back end they are working fine...why it is fetching results only when clicking Apply button for second time why not in first Attempt?happening both in IE8 and FF...using 11.1.1.6.0.
                      • 8. Re: Apply Button twice
                        Amith Y
                        User wrote:
                        Hi Muram,

yes,As you said after clicking Apply button first Time the report is running with time icon to render and it is not giving any Results if I wait for minutes also it keeps on searching..I checked results in Back end they are working fine...why it is fetching results only when clicking Apply button for second time why not in first Attempt?happening both in IE8 and FF...using 11.1.1.6.0.
                        Did you check to see if the query is still in running state the first time you click on apply?
                        Is a new cursor being opened the second time you hit apply button? If yes, did you check the logs to see if it is hitting cache?

If the query completes the first time you click on apply, but you still dont see results, then there is an issue, but if the query continues to run while the time icon is running, then its expected behavior.