2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2012 4:06 PM by 857163 RSS

credentials don't work at web/browser interface

I have installed ORacle 11.2.0 XE on win7 professional 64 bit version (using a VM).
      Log files show no errors. lsnrctl server seems ok, tnsping XE ok, connect sys as sysdba via sqlplus works.
      If I try "get started" my browser (firefox latest release) starts with the url:
      http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4950:1:3808355349156377
      and offers 3 buttons to view storage, sessions and parameters and another one to get started with application express.
      All of them require credentials but each of them returns "invalid credentials" if I use "sys" or "system" with the same password
      I used to succesfully connect to the database via sql.
      I hope, an explanation is small work for you but it would be a big leap for me.
      Gerd
        • 1. Re: credentials don't work at web/browser interface
          orafad
          user2734556 wrote:
          I have installed ORacle 11.2.0 XE on win7 professional 64 bit version (using a VM).
          A 32-bit guest? Note that 11.2 XE for x64 is yet to be released.

If I try "get started" my browser (firefox latest release) starts with the url:
          And if you try from a different browser?

All of them require credentials but each of them returns "invalid credentials" if I use "sys" or "system" with the same password
          If different/supported browser does not help, you could change the password for system as follows:
          sqlplus / as sysdba

sql> alter user system identified by <new_password_of_choice> ;
          Edited by: orafad on Aug 21, 2012 5:39 PM
          • 2. Re: credentials don't work at web/browser interface
            Meanwhile I installed oracle sqldeveloper - with the same results: I could not establish a connection with the known credentials.
            I also tried another browser - no success.
            Then tried your "alter user" - statement : full success in the web-interface and with sqldeveloper - (although not an explanation on what was going
            wrong - only a hint, that it must have to do with the type of writing of the password - either NLS related or automated switch to capitals?)
            Thank you for your advice - to give a more precise information about my environment: the guest in my VM is a 64bit Windows 7 professional, the host also.
            Gerd