1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 4:53 PM by 903725 RSS

How to synchronize a studio project with file creation/deletion in ADE.

Hi all,

I have a Studio project that I created using a build log of my sources. Since then, new files have been added to my sources externally. Is there a way to automatically synchronize my Studio project with the underlying changes in my sources? I could try 'File->New File', and create the file manually in Studio, but in general, I would not know all the changes that would have happened. My source is on ADE.

Thanks,
      Avijit
        • 1. Re: How to synchronize a studio project with file creation/deletion in ADE.
          Hi Avijit,

A Studio project can be updated in the following ways:
          1. Build the project in the Studio IDE. Your project will be updated after building (including incremental build): new compilation units will be added in the project tree, changed compilation units will be updated in the project tree.
          2. Clean and build the project. The build log output window has a button to full reconfiguring the project. Difference between 1 and 2 is second way will also exclude from project tree excluded compilation units.
          3. In any time you can reconfigure your project by new build log by project context menu Code Assistance->Configure Code assistance->Advanced Mode

Alexander