This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2012 8:58 AM by bobthesungeek76036 RSS

Solaris 10 iso

OldGuy Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are wanting to download Solaris 10 (actually wanting update 7 since that's what our client has, but can't find it).

We found the "download" site for sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso, but when we downloaded it, we were unable to get it to boot from the iso. The error we got was "Operating System not found".

What else needs to be done to the iso to make it bootable. I had thought -- incorrectly it would appear -- that an iso is bootable...
  • 1. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    Moderator Action:
    This post has been moved from the Fusion Middleware - Identity Manager forum,
    to the Solaris 10 forum,
    for closer topic alignment.
  • 2. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso, but when we downloaded it, we were unable to get it to boot from the iso
    A couple of comments/questions:
    You were attempting to install that SPARC software to a SPARC system?
    ... or were you attempting to install it to a system with an Intel or AMD cpu architecture?
    Also, I don't think that file is directly bootable - you need to create the DVD from that ISO file.
  • 3. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    OldGuy Newbie
    I actually did a very dumb thing... if you notice in the file name the word "sparc"... well, I am not installing on a sparc station...

Nevermind... just a brain fart.....
  • 4. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    OldGuy Newbie
    Really... the term for passing gas -- f**t -- is not allowed?
  • 5. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    rukbat Guru Moderator
    OldGuy wrote:
    I actually did a very dumb thing... if you notice in the file name the word "sparc"... well, I am not installing on a sparc station...

Nevermind...
    I think that for Solaris 10 you still need to create the DVD from whatever file you finally get, then boot your system from its optical drive to start the install.
  • 6. Re: Solaris 10 iso
    bobthesungeek76036 Pro
    OldGuy wrote:
    ... (actually wanting update 7 since that's what our client has, but can't find it).
    If you have a support contract, older versions are available in support.oracle.com.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points