1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 6:55 AM by Paarthy-Oracle

Interfacing Requisition

Hoang Tong
      Hi All,

I have a requisition inwhich I am inserting into PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL. The requisition has 5 lines, no distrbutions.

I then run the Requisition Import Concurrent Program (REQIMPORT) and all the successful lines are inserted into the base tables successfully. Any failed lines with invalid values are omitted. So if 1 line failed, the requisition will have 4 lines in the base table (PO_REQUISITION_LINES_ALL ).

However, my requirement is that if one line fails, the requisition should not be created.

We have considered calling the Delete Requisition API to delete the incomplete requisition, then reprocess the requisition with correct values.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Any potential or better solutions?

Appreicate your help.

Hoang.
        • 1. Re: Interfacing Requisition
          Paarthy-Oracle
          What you see is the intended functionality of the application.

An ER already exists with the request to incorporate the feature:
          ER 2912166: REQUISITIONS OF THE SAME GROUPCODE SHOULD FAIL IF ONE RECORD FAILS DURING POCIRM

Problem Summary:

10 records have the same group_code in the PO_REQUISITIONS_INTERFACE_ALL
          table.
          one of these records errors out. But the remaining 9 records are created into
          a requisition and when the errored record is corrected and run it is created
          as another requisition.

Request:

A facility to take care of failing all the records of the same group_code if
          one record fails when POCIRM is run.

When 10 records have the same group code and the POCIRM is run, if one record
          fails, 9 records are created as one req and when the errored record is
          corrected and run, it is created as a different req. The business need is to
          have all the 10 records in the same req even if a record fails and is
          corrected.

Please follow the ER.
          Else, you may need to perform customization to add meet your requirement
          1 person found this helpful