1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 2:25 AM by Rajeshp-Oracle RSS

Problem with Oracle Cache Administration user with the Cache Database

Hi ALL,

I am new to times ten, I started off with the steps mentioned in the below link

so while associating Oracle Cache Administration user with the Cache Database i am getting the below error

command:- call ttcacheuidpwdset ('cacheadm','cacheadm');

Command> connect "dsn=cachedb1_1122;uid=cacheadm;oraclepwd=cacheadm";
      Enter password for 'cacheadm':
      Connection successful: DSN=cachedb1_1122;UID=cacheadm;DataStore=C:\DOCUME~1\omep
      (Default setting AutoCommit=1)
      Command> call ttcacheuidpwdset ('cacheadm','cacheadm');
      8296: TimesTen and Oracle database character sets do not match. TimesTen: AL32
      UTF8, Oracle: WE8MSWIN1252
      5935: Could not validate Oracle login: uid = CACHEADM, pwd = HIDDEN, OracleNetS
      erviceName = orcl, TNS_ADMIN = "C:\app\omeprod\product\111~1.0\db_1\NETWORK\ADMI
      N", ORACLE_HOME= ""
      The command failed.

not sure of what might be configured incorrectly here? Please help
        • 1. Re: Problem with Oracle Cache Administration user with the Cache Database

One of the requirement for cahce setup is "the value of DatabaseCharacterSet in TIMESTEN must be identical to the database character set defined in the Oracle database" .

In your case Oracle database characterset is "WE8MSWIN1252" while timesten database characterset is " AL32UTF8 ".

You need to rectify this. You can change the database characterset in Timesten in sys.odbc.ini file .

NB : DatabaseCharacterSet is being the data store attribute , so you can't change it in run time. You have to recreate the datastore with new DatabaseCharacterSet value. (Take a backup of your datastore and destroy it and recreate it with new DatabaseCharacterSet value)