This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Did you setup ASL for that item?
what is the release method in the attributes?
if it is release using autocreate...you will get the PO created automatically
First to find out how a Purchasing Document was created, we need to check the DOCUMENT_CREATION_METHOD field in po_headers table.
Run the following query to extract the PO header information :
select * from po.po_headers_all
where segment1 = '&PO_Number'
In the output of this query, check the field DOCUMENT_CREATION_METHOD.
DOCUMENT_CREATION_METHOD may have the following values :
CREATEDOC - Created from the PO create document workflow
Mostly, in your case, it could be CREATEDOC
Then review your createpo workflow setups:
. What is the setup needed for using Create Documents workflow?
If you want document creation to be launched online upon requisition approval, it is recommended to set workflow attribute ‘Send PO Autocreation to Background’ in requisition approval process to ‘N’. Otherwise if this attribute is set to ‘Y’ (default) then the requisition approval process launches the create document workflow when workflow background process is run. In this case, workflow background process must be run with parameters: item type ‘PO Requisition Approval’ and deferred ‘Yes’.
- Sourcing should be set up, so that the requisition gets sourced while creating it.
- If you want Create Document workflow to create the documents, then the ‘Release Method’ in ASL attributes should be defined as ‘Release Using AutoCreate’.
- In workflow definition for workflow ‘PO Create Documents’, the item attribute ‘Is Automatic Creation Allowed?’ should be set to ‘Y’ (Default). Also if attribute ‘Should Workflow Create the Release?’ is set to ‘Y’ (default), then workflow tries to create the releases.
==> You might need to change the the item attribute ‘Is Automatic Creation Allowed?’ to 'N'
This are our workflow settings:
NAME VALUE ITEM_TYPE ATTRIBUTE
AUTOCREATE_DOC Y CREATEPO Is Automatic Creation Allowed?
AUTO_APPROVE_DOC N CREATEPO Is Automatic Approval Allowed?
CONT_WF_FOR_AC_REL_GEN Y CREATEPO Should Workflow Create The Release?
GROUPING_ALLOWED_FLAG Y CREATEPO Is Grouping of Requisition Line Allowed?
INCLUDE_NON_CATALOG_REQ_FLAG N CREATEPO Should non-catalog requests be autocreated from contract?
SEND_CREATEPO_TO_BACKGROUND Y REQAPPRV Send PO Autocreation to Background
USE_CONTRACT_FLAG N CREATEPO Should Contract be used to autocreate Doc?
Is it possible to have a automatic creation of po for a few items only?
CREATEPO profiles cannot be set at item level.
If you want to prevent for all items, you can refer note
(PICS) How To Prevent Automatic Creation of Purchase Orders on Creating and Approving Requisitions (Doc ID 460003.1)
1. While creating the PR check for supplier,site fields are null
2. Query for the ASL of the item or Category , and verify that the ASL is sourced automatically
hope this verification help in fixing the issue
If you want your releases to be created manually then Choose the Release generation Method as "Release Using AutoCreate" in ASL attributes.