2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 12:30 PM by LJME RSS

Endeca studio error

LJME
      Hello

I installed the Endeca Information Discovery, and followed the tutorial in the youtube channel and everything worked fine, the I had to unistall everything and re-install and I tried to run the quickstart application, I run all the steps and the integrator was working fine, and in the Studio the connection is established and working fine, however when I add a component into a page I see no data and got an error in the component:

com.endeca.portal.data.DataSourceException: An error occurred while executing query: Could not send Message.

The studio server also shows an error:

ERROR [NavigationPortlet] Error retrieving data source.
      com.endeca.portal.data.DataSourceException: An error occurred while executing query: Could not send Message.

I uninstall and re-install several times and I am still getting this message.

Could someone please help me with this error?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Endeca studio error
          Brett R-Oracle
          Hi,

When you deploy the Studio portion of Quickstart, a data source with ID "quickstart" will be created, pointing to localhost:5555 datastoreName=quickstart. In EID 2.3, the default server port has changed to be 7770, so check the quickstart data source definition through control panel, and make sure the correct server port is being used (you may need to change 5555 to 7770). The correct default port for quickstart will be corrected in a future release.

Best
          Brett
          • 2. Re: Endeca studio error
            LJME
            Hello Brett

As you said, I checked the datasource bindings of the objects I placed in the page and they were using the one named default that was trying to connect to the adventureworks in the port 5550, I changed the data source binding for all the objects to quickstart with port 7770 and it worked.

Thank you!

LJ