6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 2:28 PM by 966325 RSS

Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables

Eduardo Schurtz

I need to adjust and finish a customization that was made by another person. This customization should change electronic payment process for Oracle Payables (R12.1.3). In this case is for brazilian banks.

I've read a lot of documents, metalink notes, articles and it is not clear for me.

I know that package IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB can be customized to add additional columns to XML output but and the package CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB?

In CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB there is some code so I thought this package was called by the core process. BUT if I don't call this package from IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB nothing happens.

Which is the correct way to use them?

From IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB should I call CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB and merge the return with my customized XML elements? It's strange because I got the creation script for IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB and all the functions have no code.

I don't know payables, that's why I have a lot of questions.

• 1. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
          You can use IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB package to add additional custom xml tags. Each procedure in this package will create the xml tags at each different levels. like, Payment instructions level, payment level, invoice level..etc.

Yes, this package comes with empty procedures. These are for customization as per our requirements.
          • 2. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
            Eduardo Schurtz
            Is the "invoice level" "document payment level"?

Package IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB has the following levels:

Document Payable
            Document Payable Line
            Payment Process Request

I've seen some documents suggesting to use invoice level... but is there any level for invoices?

The big problem in my case is:

The invoices have the following flexfields:

CNPJ (It's like a code for companies in Brazil)
            Beneficiary Name
            Bank Number
            Branch Number

So I need to use those information instead of information from core process in Payments.

So the problem is: All the logic to verify if the operation is DOC, TED, CC, CHECK, etc... etc... is made in CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB.

I think in copying the code from CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB and change it to use flexfields in those operations. So this new code I'd put in IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB.

What do you think?
            • 3. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
              You could do it in IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB or in CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB(if it's called by IBY_FD_EXTRACT, doesn't really matter apart that it's another object to maintain..)

You should not try to modifiy any of the value returned by the system.

Instead, add your new fields(CNPJ (It's like a code for companies in Brazil),Beneficiary Name,Bank Number,Branch Number) to the xml file and in your rtf (check or eft), modify it so that it
              grabs your custom field instead of oracle field.
              • 4. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
                Eduardo Schurtz
                Can I change CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB?? I don't know... All documentation says to change only IBY_FD_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB.

A patch can replace my changes on CLL_F033_IBY_EXTRACT_EXT_PUB, I think...

I thought to change XML file... But I don't know if I can as well...
                • 5. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
                  In addition to the one ..I have a similar scenario for electronic payment in R12..

Is it possible to make a payment of two invoices as below created under two different operating for the same supplier and supplier site using the same payment.

(Using a PPR single payment request)
                  200 5355 5325
                  310 5355 5325

Any setup is required or any workaround ?.. Any pointers to any customization is also highly appreciated

Kindly advise ..

Thx, Rizwan
                  • 6. Re: Electronic Payment in Oracle Payables
                    When you setup suppliers, you define supplier Address Name. in OU window, you can tie this address name to one or many OU (s). check the link below:
                    supplier site should be defined to those OU (s).
                    when you enter invoices, you can pick OU (s) [multi-Org concept in R12]
                    So if you have your supplier and supplier site defined for those OU you can process the payment to both OU

I hope this give you some Idea. need to test in the application to verify.
                    Good luck