This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 11:37 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

R12.1.1 - Linux 32 or 64 bit

CJJ Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello everyone,
We are in the process of moving our E-Business R12.1.1 from HPUX to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - 64 bit. We have already moved the database over, and it is working fine. We are currently working on moving the Application tier over. I am surprized at how many 32 bit version packages I had to install on 64 bit linux, and I am beginning to wonder if we should be using the 32 bit version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 for the Application tier. I would like to hear your thoughts, experiences and recommendations.
Thanks...colin
  • 1. Re: R12.1.1 - Linux 32 or 64 bit
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi Colin,

You need to install all packages mentioned in (Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]) on this new server. Having missing package would impact the functionality of the application (relinking, concurrent programs, patching, ..etc).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: R12.1.1 - Linux 32 or 64 bit
    CJJ Newbie
    Thanks for your response. We have been following that note. I guess I am beginning to second-guess putting the application tier on 64 bit vs 32 bit, hence the question. At this point I really do not know which is the best option.
  • 3. Re: R12.1.1 - Linux 32 or 64 bit
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    CJJ wrote:
    Thanks for your response. We have been following that note. I guess I am beginning to second-guess putting the application tier on 64 bit vs 32 bit, hence the question. At this point I really do not know which is the best option.
    64-bit -- Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 [ID 343917.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points