4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2012 10:03 AM by 937842 RSS

    "Failed to solve variable" issue with EBS/Forms load scripts

    937842
      Hi all,

      I am trying to performance test an EBS application and I am using the EBS/Forms protocol to record my load test scripts in Openscript. The recording goes through fine with one warning about "Could not determine request character set for "http://oebs.xxxx.xxx.net/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?" which i ignored.

      Now, during playback the solve Xpath statements start throwing errors.
      for ex: "Failed to solve variable web.input.N186unvalidated using path .//input[@name='N186:length']/@value "

      I tried deleting the solve Xpath line that threw this error as i thought it was just trying to match some values that are changing dynamically during playback. But the script now throws error "Variable "web.input.N186unvalidated" not found for string: {{web.input.N660unvalidated,falsetsw88Wb_}}" somewhere later in the script.


      Is there any solution to this problem?. I could not find much information regarding this in the openscript guide.

      Edited by: Oracletester on Aug 29, 2012 12:54 PM

      Edited by: Oracletester on Aug 29, 2012 12:54 PM
        • 1. Re: "Failed to solve variable" issue with EBS/Forms load scripts
          834498
          Hello OracleTester
          I guess you hit this problem recording Web framework actions, right?
          No way to delete the step in error but you need to investigate and solve the correlation problem. Something is dynamic in your script and has been wrongly (or not at all) correlated.

          First of all, you could always try to re correlate the script. Go to Script -> Revert all navigation to recorded and then Script -> Correlate Script and replay the script.
          So you need to find out what is dynamic in your script and not correlated.

          Please find at this URL (for the next 30 days) http://dl.free.fr/jKPJFXMFz a set of docs to help you to address this problem.

          Hope it can help.
          If not, don't hesitate to post more details here and even, to link your script (File -> Export script).
          JB
          • 2. Re: "Failed to solve variable" issue with EBS/Forms load scripts
            937842
            Hi Jean Baptiste,

            Thanks for those correlation tips. It helped me in resolving few of the issues in my script. But i am stuck now with the "failed to solve Java script variable" issue followed by the "The node is not found for the xpath:window[@index='0']...." issue. Could you please help me debug this issue ?

            Here is a link to the script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oyuodj5vdv979o/SalesDashboard_Configurator.zip

            Thanks.

            Edited by: Oracletester on Sep 7, 2012 6:46 AM
            • 3. Re: "Failed to solve variable" issue with EBS/Forms load scripts
              Jamie_Lockhart
              Try disabling JavaScript correlation as you may not need it. Revert your script back to recorded as described by JB, go to View -> OpenScript Preferences -> Correlation -> HTTP -> Web Dom Correlation -> Edit -> de-select JavaScript Correlation. Then correlate script from the Script menu.

              Regards,
              Jamie
              • 4. Re: "Failed to solve variable" issue with EBS/Forms load scripts
                937842
                Hi Jamie,

                I tried that and I got a correlation error: 'Failed to correlate script. Refer to Error log for details. Exception occurred while correlating script". I re-recorded the script after unchecking javascript, but it hits the same "failed to solve javascript variable" error again at the same step as before.

                Not sure how to debug this.