2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 5:46 AM by 958952 RSS

Adding Custom Soap Header Parameters Oracle BPM Web Service Adapter

Hi Everyone,
      I have a web service adapter in my oracle BPM (11.1.1.3) process. The web service expects few custom paramters in soap header. I want to set those custom soap header parameters but do not know how to do that. Can you please help. Example soap envelope of the web service I am calling is given below.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soap="http://abc.com/SoapSc/">
           <soapenv:Header>
                <soap:transactionDate>2012-07-08T15:40:00</soap:transactionDate>
                <soap:testDataId>STA</soap:testDataId>
                <soap:testParamId>BX</soap:testParamId>
                <soap:operation>
                     <soap:opsType>CREATE</soap:opsType>
                </soap:operation>
           </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
      <soap:shopReqAccts>
      <soap:account>
                     <soap:accountNumber>343453009</soap:accountNumber>
                     <soap:accountName>Sam's Coffeehouse</soap:accountName>
      </soap:account>
      </soap:shopReqAccts>
      </soapenv:Body>
      </soapenv:Envelope>

Edited by: 955949 on Aug 30, 2012 12:12 AM
        • 1. Re: Adding Custom Soap Header Parameters Oracle BPM Web Service Adapter
          Shayrikh-Oracle
          You may explore using a BPEL process to set the so header for calling the web service instead of directly calling it from BPMN process.
          Steps.
          1)Create a BPEL process.
          2)Select the checkbox "Expose as a SOAP service"
          3)In the BPEL process, set the SOAP header parameters that are expected by the called web service.
          Refer section
          6.22.2 How to Send SOAP Headers in BPEL
          of
          Oracle® Fusion Middleware
          Developer’s Guide for Oracle SOA Suite
          11g Release 1 (11.1.1.6.3)
          E10224-15

4)Now in your BPM web service adapter , instead of calling the web service directly, call the web service endpoint of the newly created BPEL process.

Hope this helps.
          Regards.
          • 2. Re: Adding Custom Soap Header Parameters Oracle BPM Web Service Adapter
            Hi, Thanks for the reply. But, is this the only option? Custom parameters in header in Soap envelope is a common thing. I think there must/may be a way to do this in Oracle BPM directly instead of involving BPEL. Has anyone done this in Oracle BPM? Any help is appreciated.