3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 9:23 PM by Srini Chavali-Oracle RSS

Error While uninstalling the Oracel 11g

Hi Guys,

I am new to Oracle environment and i tried to install oracle 11g enterprise version on my laptop (64 bit win 7 enterprise verion) for practice and learning purpose.

looks like i made something wrong and now i would to uninstall the whole product and re install the software by following installation guide.

However when i try to uninstall it from "Universal Installer" followed the instructions from it and run the command as suggested "E:\app\Username\product\11.2.0\dbhome_2\deinstall" then it opens a command prompt and does some sort of job and asks for "Specify all Single Instance listeners that are to be de-configured [LISTENER]" i have no idea what it is and i dont even remember what i have mentioned.

could any one help me how to uninstall this please.

see the below what i am getting from the command prompt.

"""""""Checking for required files and bootstrapping ...
      Please wait ...
      14 File(s) copied
      610 File(s) copied
      1 file(s) copied.
      1 file(s) copied.
      Location of logs C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\OraDeinstall2012-08-30_21-
      46-48\logs\

############ ORACLE DEINSTALL & DECONFIG TOOL START ############

######################## CHECK OPERATION START ########################
      Install check configuration START

Checking for existence of the Oracle home location E:\app\VJ\product\11.2.0\dbho
      me_2
      Oracle Home type selected for de-install is: SIDB
      Oracle Base selected for de-install is: E:\app\VJ
      Checking for existence of central inventory location C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inv
      entory

Install check configuration END

Checking Windows and .NET products configuration START

The following Windows and .NET products will be deconfigured from the Oracle hom
      e : asp.net,ode.net,odp.net,ntoledb,oramts

Checking Windows and .NET products configuration END

Network Configuration check config START

Network de-configuration trace file location: C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Te
      mp\OraDeinstall2012-08-30_21-46-48\logs\netdc_check7959189106824352740.log

Specify all Single Instance listeners that are to be de-configured [LISTENER]:""""""""""""""""

Any help regarding this much appreciated

Thanks

Vj