This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 31, 2012 9:13 AM by riedelme RSS

loading hanging every few days.

921443 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts,

I have a scheduled loading of stored procedure, its loading normally, but today it is hanging at some step to loading a physical table. this is not the first time for this issue. this issue occurred multiple time recently. it normally occurred after successfully loading multiple times. for this time, procedure loading successful for 24/25/26/27/28/29 Aug 2012. on 30 Aug 2012, its loading hanging at step 2 to loading some physical table. will you please tell me how to check issue cause ? I am not DBA, just a procedure developer. so will you please recommend some method suited for me?

appreciate very much.
  • 1. Re: loading hanging every few days.
    riedelme Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    918440 wrote:
    Hi experts,

I have a scheduled loading of stored procedure, its loading normally, but today it is hanging at some step to loading a physical table. this is not the first time for this issue. this issue occurred multiple time recently. it normally occurred after successfully loading multiple times. for this time, procedure loading successful for 24/25/26/27/28/29 Aug 2012. on 30 Aug 2012, its loading hanging at step 2 to loading some physical table. will you please tell me how to check issue cause ? I am not DBA, just a procedure developer. so will you please recommend some method suited for me?

appreciate very much.
    This forum is for SQL*PLUS issues. Yours is a detailed situation with a stored procedure and you will get a better, faster answer in the SQL and PL/SQL forum.

Something is happening to make the procedure run slowly on the dates you listed. You will have to analyze the program to find inefficies. Check the SQL very carefully (slow programs are usually due to SQL) but there are analysis tools like DBMS_PROFILER (older) and the Heirarchical profler (newer) that can help you find the slow points in your program

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points