3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 7:29 AM by 946572 RSS

HOTFIX QF0312 over 8.1.1.3 installation ERROR

Hello All,

I am trying to apply HOTFIX QF0312 on RH Linux 5.6 over 8.1.1.3 installation.

During installation everything hangs on "Creating Uninstaller..." part. After some waiting 30+ min I am canceling job by pressing ctrl+c.
      Later when I checked base.log this is what I saw. On Boxes where installation was succesfull (Creating Uninstaller part goes fine) head looks like this:

8.1.1.3 SIA [21219] LANG_INDEPENDENT patch applied.
      HOTFIX QF0312

On boxes where installation is not succesfull is this:

8.1.1.3 *$(IS_SIA)* [21219] LANG_INDEPENDENT patch applied.
      HOTFIX QF0312

What is difference and does it mean, that patching failed? Because rest of the process went fine.
      If patching failed on "Creating Uninstaller..." part is there risk that there can appear some unexpected behavior?
      Do you know how to go around "Creating Uninstaller..." hanging part?

Thank You

Edited by: 943569 on Aug 31, 2012 10:50 AM

Edited by: 943569 on Aug 31, 2012 11:04 AM
        • 1. Re: HOTFIX QF0312 over 8.1.1.3 installation ERROR
          Ok, found answer what is *$(IS_SIA)* and about hanging on "Creating Uninstaller..." part.

Question: If patching was stopped on "Creating Uninstaller..." what can happen? Does it mean patching was successful just creation of uninstaller failed or what? :[                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
          • 2. Re: HOTFIX QF0312 over 8.1.1.3 installation ERROR
            Ok, trying to run again and will try to wait end of it.
            As per running processes while doing patching I see this: -> chmod -R +x /app/siebel
            And if I am not wrong it gives to all files/folders under /app/siebel execute rights recursively. And if I have there FS and lots of logs, it can take forever....

Moving FS would be a solution...
            Lets wait...
            • 3. Re: HOTFIX QF0312 over 8.1.1.3 installation ERROR
              Yes, problem was with FS and huge ammount of other files. Once moved them outside /app/siebel to another location everything worked perfectly.

Sometimes chatting with my self solves lot of problems :D

Thx