This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Don't you have to migrate the database (Audit vault SID) from Solaris to Linux?
Edited by: DBA_1976 on Sep 6, 2012 8:13 AM
Edited by: DBA_1976 on Sep 6, 2012 8:18 AM
Do you mean to export a full old AV database and import it to a new AV database? if so, I am not sure if it will work. There is a metadata repository already installed with the new AV installation in AVSYS schema, and it may conflict with the data that is imported over from the old database.
Here are what I have done to migrate the old audit data from an old platform to a linux Audit Vault server:
1) Export sys.AUD$ from the old source database.
2) Import sys.AUD$ to a new source database.
3) Install and enable collection at this point only.
4) select max(av_time) from avsys.audit_event_fact;
You should see the date you import.
5) select SQL_BIND_STR from avsys.audit_event_fact;
select SQL_TEXT_STR from avsys.audit_event_fact;
At this point you should see your data from this table
6) Lastly, check AV server report.