This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 7:32 AM by 959578 RSS

Direct access to the form page from Outlook

959578 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

I am shortly going to try to integrate products such as outlook to specific forms in the E-Business suite. Assuming that there is AD integration ( we're working on that). I want to auto generate a email to a given user that has the embedded link to the desired form. Hence my questions -

1) is this easily achieved?
2) Will I definitely avoid my users having to sign on again?
3) Can I pass parameters in the URL link that can be used to prefill the form?
4) Am I able to hook into a ( web service ?) API so avoid showing the form in the first place.?

Thanks

Daniel
  • 1. Re: Direct access to the form page from Outlook
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I am shortly going to try to integrate products such as outlook to specific forms in the E-Business suite. Assuming that there is AD integration ( we're working on that). I want to auto generate a email to a given user that has the embedded link to the desired form. Hence my questions -

1) is this easily achieved?
    You need to follow the steps in these docs.

Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i with Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Single Sign-On [ID 261914.1]
    How to integrate Active Directory with Applicactions 11i , with SSO/OID enable? [ID 437822.1]

Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Single Sign-On 10gR3 (10.1.4.3) [ID 376811.1]
    Integrating Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 with Oracle Access Manager 11gR1 (11.1.1.5) using Oracle E-Business Suite AccessGate [ID 1309013.1]
    2) Will I definitely avoid my users having to sign on again?
    Yes.
    3) Can I pass parameters in the URL link that can be used to prefill the form?
    AFAIK, it is not possible.
    4) Am I able to hook into a ( web service ?) API so avoid showing the form in the first place.?
    Not for the login process. For other processes, you can use a web service.

How Can I Expose E-Business Suite Integration Interfaces as Web Services? [ID 782455.1]

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Direct access to the form page from Outlook
    959578 Newbie
    Hussein

Thanks for the info which I will shortly follow up on

From your answers SSO via Active Directory (AD) seems to mandate a minimum of version 11 of EBS. I therefore assume SSO is not possible with the older versions say EBS 10.5.

Can you please confirm that if I embed a specific web URL for a form hosted in either EBS 11 or 12.1. The requirement I have is assist the user when navigating to the desired form. I don't want to be forced to present the EBS home page URL in my Outlook email reminder message.

Not being able to prefill parameters when presenting the EBS form is disappointing. I guess this leaves me with either the Web Service API ( so avoiding the web form) or some sort of customisation in EBS that leverages what properties can be held in AD. An example being where ordering some stationary and the user is presented with a form with name, department, cost code etc all prefilled.

Thanks again

Daniel

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points